Prologue

Ivanov Mansion
Moscow, Russia

"ALEANDRA," Valerian called as he opened the door to her sister's room. Finding her standing beside her window staring outside. He smiled inwardly while looking at her sister and when she turned to look at him he wanted to chuckle at how her annoyed frown made her face looks so adorable.

Aleandra rolled her head to see her brother that entered her room. Giving him a cold stare and unsmiling face

"Cheer up, little sister. It's not bad to try new places and meet new people." Her brother offered a smile that didn't reach his cold charcoal grey eyes.

"Brother, why do I have to study in Switzerland when I can do it here?" She asked, darting her eyes back outside her window, looking at the trees a few yards from the Ivanov mansion. It is frozen white because of the freezing winter.

"Why not? Switzerland is not bad. And this will be your first time to be in another country on your own. You'll be free. Enjoy it while it lasts."

Enjoy it while it lasts... Those words echoed in her mind. It was like it's mocking her at some point.

Aleandra pursed her lips into a very annoyed one. "Free?" She asked sarcastically. "Don't start with freedom now and me. That's something I will never ever have, brother," she shook her head.

With all the bodyguards that follows her wherever she went, the list of do's and don'ts, and the constant reminder of how she should act? Heck, freedom my butt. Tch.

She heard her brother's footsteps coming in her place then he stood beside her. Doing just the same, standing there while looking at the trees outside her window.

"Freedom comes in different ways, Aleandra. Yours is the freedom that you still have options what you could do even if in some way it is limited while others they are robbed of everything-of their right to decide for themselves and the only freedom they have is to breath." Her brother turns around and leans his lower back on the window stool to stare at her. "Your freedom is something I couldn't have, Aleandra."

"You could have it, brother. You just need to extend your horns and gore father," she replied, tone bored.

"I have my reasons why I can't do that-"

"Because you can't bear to lose everything he gave you? Or you're afraid of what he can take away from you?" She tsked and shook her head in disappointment. "Come on, brother, don't let yourself be like father whose life revolves around politics, materials, and power. Get a better life than that."

Valerian reached for her sister's cheek, giving her a smile that he knew doesn't reach his eyes. "I have priorities, Aleandra- responsibilities. Do not bother what I'll be like, little brat-"

"Stop calling me little. I'm grown up!" Aleandra hissed and withdraw from her brother's touch and went to her bed. Sat on it with a flounce.

Damn, it is annoying being called little when she's no longer a kid. Heck! She's already sixteen! But no more ticks her nerves than seeing her brother smile like that- hollow and lack of joy. Valerian Alexii Ivanov, her only brother, and sibling is a guy many women would love to spend their life with. That is if the woman could suck the cold and stiff character of her brother.