Chapter 8

THERE WAS an awkward silence between the two of them after Aleandra blurted out what was on her mind. Or maybe it's just her who felt the awkwardness because when she looked at Vonn through the screen TV he looked like he was in deep thought.

"You think we are?" Vonn asked.

Aleandra hesitantly nodded her head. They seem like it. The endearment, the gesture, those messages, and the unspoken connection they have for each other.

Hindi niya lang alam kung napapnsin din ba iyon ni Vonn. She hopes he does. Kasi lalabas siyang assuming kung hindi. Gusto niyang mapanguso sa naisip.

Umangat ang gilid ng isang labi ni Vonn. "I don't mind as long as it's you. Do you?" Tanong niya sa dalaga at sinulyapan ito.

Vonn saw Aleandra's cheeks turning rosy red but he stopped himself from smiling in amusement so as not to offend her or make her feel more uncomfortable.

Though he found her really cute and beautiful while blushing. Hence he can't help but touch her cheeks, brushing it softly with the back of his fingers.

"Mahal, you are really beautiful," saad niya habang minememorya ang bawat parte ng mukha nito. Ang ganda nito na da unang kita niya pa lang ay tumatak na sa isipan niya.

Nagsalubong ang kilay ni Aleandra sa narinig. "Are you okay, mahal?"

"Yeah." Kumurap si Vonn. Lito sa naging tanong ng dalaga.

"You don't seem fine. Is your fever getting worse?" Tinaas ni Aleandra ang kamay niya at hinaplos ang noo ng binata.

Still with fever but it doesn't seem like it's getting worse. Hmm...maybe he's having a headache. Alleandra thought, brows linking as she thinks.

Vonn closes his eyes, rolling them inside. "I'm fine, mahal. I'm just telling you the truth. I find you really beautiful."

Natigil ang kamay ni Aleandra sa ire. Ramdam niya ang bilis ng tibok ng puso niyang hindi na kumalma, pati ang init ng pisngi niya hindi na humupa.

Hearing people say she's beautiful is no strange anymore. She has heard it over a hundred times. From her mom that showers her with praises, to her brother, and to a total stranger. But no one ever made her shy about it. Happy and proud— yes. Who wouldn't be pleased to be called beautiful?

Pero ngayong sinasabihan siya ni Vonn na maganda siya, she's not just happy. She's at the same time shy. Iba ang pakiramdam. Espesyal na nakakatuwa na may kasamang hiya.

Binawi ni Aleandra ang kamay at kinagat ang pang-ibabang labi. Napayuko siya para itago ang hiya at pamumula ng pisngi niya.

"And you're strikingly handsome, mahal..." Aleandra spoke out. "Bagay tayo..." Bulong niya makalipas ang ilang sandali at pinigilan ang mangiti.

Sinandal ni Vonn ang ulo sa headrest at pinikit ang mga mata saka pinakawalan ang isang ngiti dahil sa narinig.

"Yes, mahal," Vonn agreed. "Thanks," he added to make it sounds like he was thanking her that she found him handsome.

Nang mabura ang malawak na ngiti niya ay binalingan niya ang dalaga na pinaglalaruan lang ang daliri niya at magaang hinahaplos ang ilang sugat doon.

"Mahal, what do think about going around the town the next weekend with me?" Imbita niya.

Nagtaas ng mukha si Aleandra at excited na tumingin sa mukha ni Vonn. "I think it'll be fun but..." she drawled then pouted. "I don't think Gav will allow me though unless I sneak out again but it'll take us time and he'll get worried."

"Ask him then. I don't mind him going with us with his girlfriend if he has one."

"Gav doesn't do girlfriends so I doubt somebody will come with him." Umirap siya. "That friend of mine is a hustler when it comes to women. He changes lady like he changes his pants."