001

BamBam asked me to show him around the school after class. I agreed. I mean, he was a transferee, how could I say no? And he didn't seem to be uncomfortable around all the girls who were practically volunteering to show him around.

While we were walking around campus, we were talking. Talking about our lives, our selves. The only thing that made me seriously curious was when he told me he didn't remember anything three years of his life. Starting from when he was thirteen until sixteen. He was seventeen now.

"They're all a blur," he admitted. "My family is trying to get me to remember everything. They're hoping the memories are still in my head, but it's a blank. I don't remember anything."

I stayed silent while he talked. I might talk about things he wouldn't understand. I might talk about the Kunpimook Bhuwakul that I know from Neverland.

"Tell me about yourself now, Na Jiyeon. I'm curious about you."

Figures. Introductions can never be only one-sided. I told him all the basic information about me. My birthday and more things that he shouldn't have been paying close attention to, but did.

"Can you take off your glasses?"

I knew he was surprised by my request, but he still took off his glasses. Exact same twinkle in his brown eyes as him. It was surprising how they looked exactly alike but were so different...

"You should wear contacts, not glasses. You look better without them."
"Should I?" he smiled, putting his glasses back on.
"Yeah." I nodded. "You look really good without them. You look handsome."
"Thank you," he bowed a little to me. "But we'll see,"

We walked in silence back to the classroom so we get our things. We left them there so there wouldn't be a heavy object on our backs while we went around.

"Do you want to eat ice cream? I need to somehow thank you for showing me around,"
"No, you don't have to do that-"
"But I want to. Please, let me buy you ice cream,"

There's that look in his eyes again. The one that always managed to make my heart melt. I could never reject anything when that look was in his eyes.

"Fine."

I know this person wasn't him. I clearly remember him fading away. This Kunpimook Bhuwakul wasn't the one I fell for on Neverland. It was impossible that he was.

He led me to the nearest ice cream shop where he bought me ice cream, even asking for my favorite flavor before he went and ordered. He came back with two cups in his hands, both with ice cream inside. One vanilla and the other cookie dough. Smiling, he gave me the cookie dough ice cream cup and a spoon.

"Eat," he sat down in front of me. "It's my thanks to you,"

I couldn't reject it, now that it was here in front of me. I took the spoon and put it in my mouth, letting the ice cream melt on my tongue.

"Is it good?" he asked. "I never tasted cookie dough before,"
"You want a spoon?"
"It's fine," he told me, shaking his head.

I took a spoon filled with ice cream and put it in front of his lips, waiting for him to eat it. He hesitated, but seeing my expression, he ate it anyway.

"Mm... Good," he said, a smile playing on his lips.
"Seriously, though, BamBam. Are you sure we never met before?"
"Like I said, Jiyeon. It depends on how and where. And also when,"

How could I answer that question? He might take me as crazy or something if I told him we met in Neverland. So instead of speaking, I looked at his face. His angled jaw, slightly chubby cheeks and the dark bangs that hung over his eyes, taking bites of my ice cream while I did so.