006

"Go on. Spill it."

Mark has taken to teasing me now whenever BamBam is around. Just because Yugyeom told him about me and BamBam on his birthday, he just has to tease me.

"I repeat, Mark. There is absolutely nothing between us,"
"Are you sure? He doesn't act like you guys are just friends,"
"That's BamBam, not me!"

He and Yugyeom are keeping something from me... I noticed that...

"But you don't seem to push him away when he gives you back hugs,"
"Shut it, you,"

He laughed and waved at me.

"He's coming now. See you,"

Then he left and I almost immediately felt hands on my shoulders, turning me around.

"Hey," he said, smiling down at me.
"Hey, Bam," I nodded. "You got your books?"
"Yup. Should we go?"

Exams were already next week, so we were always studying in our free time. Not teaching each other, but just studying with each other. But if one of us had a question, the other would do his best to help.

Normally, we'd keep to ourselves.

"It's getting late, Jiyeon," he said, checking his watch. I raised my head and closed my book, letting out a yawn as I covered my mouth.
"Tired?"
"... A bit,"

He chuckled and got up, putting his things in his bag.

"Let's go, then,"

And we went. I looked at the time on my phone. He was right. It was getting late already.

"Aren't you going to go home yet?"
"I'm going to take you home first," he told me.

I still haven't got used to it, though he walks with me practically every day.

"Do you... Do you not want me around?"

It wasn't like that. Not at all.

"I... I want you around, but it's getting late, Bam. You should get home."
"Nonsense. Even if it's three in the morning, I'll still walk you home."

I lowered my head, a smile forming on my face. He was really sweet, really kind...

"So..." he stopped in front of my house.
"Good night, BamBam," I bowed slightly. He gave me a faint smile and quickly pressed his lips to my cheek.
"Good night, Jiyeon. You should go in now,"

I bowed to him again before going inside, closing the door behind me.

Every night, before I would go in my house, he would hug me or kiss me on my cheek or forehead, and every single time, I would feel this same strange feeling that I still couldn't understand.

The next day, he was there in the classroom before me.

"You're early," I set my bag down on the floor.
"I woke up early,"
"Earlier than me, apparently,"
"Did you sleep well last night?"
"I couldn't sleep,"

He immediately turned his chair to face me fully.

"Why?"
"I don't know," I admitted. "I had to call Mark to talk a bit before I fell asleep,"
"What time did you fall asleep?"
"Around midnight already,"
"Why call Mark? Not me?"
"I thought you were asleep already,"
"I wasn't,"
"That was so late, Bam. You should have been sleeping,"
"You, too, you know,"

Sometimes, he's a bit too caring, but I appreciate it all the same. He's a really good friend.

"BamBam..."
"Bam!"

I groaned under my breath and buried my head in my hands as his friends came to us. I closed my eyes and tried to block them out. That is, until what BamBam said caught my attention.

"What?"
"Sorry, Yeon," he apologized. "I forgot to tell you last night that I can't study with you later,"
"Woah, woah, last night?" one of his friends, Taehyung, said loudly. "What did you guys do last night?"

I rolled my eyes and buried my head in my arms again. I felt BamBam's hand on the middle of my back and heard him whisper a few words in my ear.

"I'm sorry about them,"
"Forget it," I raised my head for a second, shaking it.
"But-"
"Forget it,"

He bit his lip before looking back at his friends, who were chatting loudly. I sighed and got up, checking my watch and seeing that there was still a lot of time before the bell, and went out of the classroom.

"Where are you going, Na Jiyeon?" Jeon Jungkook called after me.

God, I swear his friends are annoying. I hung my head as I walked in the corridor, going nowhere in particular. I took out my phone and dialed Yugyeom's number.

"Hello?"
"Meet me after school, will you?"
"Why?"
"I can't study with BamBam later,"
"Is that it?"
"Yes. Just meet me,"
"Okay, okay. Should I bring Mark-"

I hung up on him. I don't really care if he brings Mark or not. I just need something to be with later.

I don't know why I'm making such a big deal out of this. It's just one day that he's not studying with me. Why am I so upset? I sent Yugyeom a text message.

To : Gyeom
DON'T bring Mark. If you do, I'll hit you

I'd rather not have Mark around. I bet he's just going to tease me about BamBam.

______________________________________________________________________

One of my most random chapters... How is it, tho?