004

"You, my friend," Yugyeom pointed at me. "Are unbelievable,"
"Why?" I asked, smiling. "What did I do?"
"How could you just.... You know what? Forget it,"

I laughed.

"Trust me, Gyeom. They're nothing compared to your best friend,"

Yeah, Yugyeom was BamBam's best friend, too. That was no surprise, them being the same age and all. We walked silently down the sidewalk, his hands in his pockets.

"One hour," he looked at his watch before looking back at me and smiling, holding out his hand. "Should we go?"
"Where are we going?"
"Where else?" he smiled playfully. "We've got one last hour to spend with each other. Let's make the best of it,"

That time, he had taken me to the clearing again. We sat down and just talked about the things we never got to tell each other for the past months and.... Well... You get the point.

"I don't want to go," I sighed.
"Then why did you say you were going back to earth?"
"How can I leave my friends, Bam? My family?" I asked. He let out a sigh and took my hand in his, bringing it close to his face. I felt his breath on the back of my hand as he pressed it to his lips.
"Don't you dare forget me," he spoke softly.

I felt Yugyeom's hand on my shoulder. I looked up at him. He had this unreadable expression on his face that I couldn't understand.

"What?" I asked.
"I think... Nothing," he shook his head, walking forward again.

I stared at him for a second, confused, before jogging and catching up to him again.

"What is it?"
"Nothing,"
"Tell me,"
"Na Jiyeon,"

I lowered my head, staring at my feet as we were walking.

"I have doubts about your seatmate,"
"What do you mean?"
"He interests me. It's like he's not who he says he is. You're confused, aren't you?"

This was what I liked about Yugyeom. He always knew exactly what I was feeling. Like now. I didn't even say anything but he already knew that I was confused.

"Yup,"

He just smiled at me and didn't answer. Instead of answering, he put his arm around my shoulder, leading me inside the cafe at the corner of the street.

"Frappe for you?"

We talked a lot about the most random things, most of them being about the things he did while waiting for my class to end. With Yugyeom, the rest of the month passed by so quickly and soon enough, exams were coming.

"Excuse me?"
"Can you tutor me?"

While I was standing there, staring at BamBam and thinking on what to do, Yugyeom had silently slipped away from me and left the two of us alone.

"Please?"

I hate how I can never reject BamBam, my prince on Neverland or my seatmate in the classroom. With that puppy dog expression...

"Fine,"
"Thanks a lot,"

And he hugged me. All so suddenly... My hands were just on my side and I didn't know what to do anymore. I couldn't pull away, even if I wanted to, and I'm not saying I did.

At once, we went to the library, taking our books and bags with us.

"Oh god, I hate history," he mumbled.
"I hate it, too,"
"But you're so good in it!"
"Still. I don't like it,"

Then I started teaching him, lasting for three hours on just history, and I was suddenly thankful Yugyeom left us. For a reason that I didn't know.

"You really don't understand this?" I asked, pointing at one part of the page. He shook his head.
"It's hard,"

Troubles of teaching a Thai boy Korean history.

"Let's just continue this tomorrow. It's getting late already,"
"I'm cool with that," he shrugged.

And that happened again the on next day. I tutored him for hours, while studying all the same. Finally, we got past history, so we continued with English.

I was the one who had problems with English. He was quite good, since he was Thai, so he was the one who helped me this time, and I was thankful for the help.

"You don't say 'I is,' That's wrong. It should be 'I am',"

English is so complicated... So many meanings and words and the spelling...

"Your head hurts?" he asked, chuckling, seeing me burying my head in my hands.
"Obviously. English is hard,"

He laughed and patted me on my back.

"Korean history is hard, too. I'm not Korean,"
"And I'm not American,"
"Neither am I," he reminded. "I'm Thai, not American, nor British,"

He said all those in English.

"Please stop with the foreign languages,"

He laughed again and nodded, turning a page on his English textbook.

"You ready for English exercises?"
"You don't need to ask that. You know I'm never ready for English,"

I'm seriously not good in languages, unlike him, who knows a lot. The only language I really know is Korean, while he knows English, Korean and Thai. And he's even learning Chinese!

I'm amazed by this Thai boy.

"Yah," he waved his hand in front of my face. "Focus, Na Jiyeon!"

Little did I know that I was already staring at him...

"Oh... Sorry..."

Why were my cheeks hot? Aish... Really...

"Anyway, you answer this," he told me, showing me the page he was on. "It'll help. Promise,"
"Doubt it," I sighed. "I'm bad at English,"
"Don't worry. You'll improve,"

I opened my book and uncapped my pen, writing the English letters carefully so I wouldn't make a mistake with the curvy lines and all.

"You're writing too slowly. If you write at that speed, you won't finish your exam,"
"Shush, BamBam,"
"I'm serious. Don't care about the fact if it's good or not, just write. As long as it's still readable, you'll be fine,"
"That's what you say. You have a nice handwriting, and it's unfair that you're Thai and you know English,"
"Well... It's not my fault that I'm from Thailand,"

I could sense that he was smiling even though I wasn't looking at him.

"Yugyeom doesn't seem to trust you very much,"
"Yeah...."

I find it strange on how they're like that to each other. It's not like he's our best friend BamBam...

_______________________________________________________________________

Hi!! How is this? Any comments?? Sorry for the long wait and the short chapter.....