Characters' presentation

Hi friends ! Hope you are having a good day so far. 

I am currently working on posting the first chapter today, but I thought I would give you a little preview of the characters while you wait.

If you want to get to know the main characters (Joey and Xander) before reading, I made a little aesthetic collage for both of them as well as for Joey's friendship with her roommate, Kyle, and her relationship with Xander. 

I wanted to take the time to tell you guys one thing about this book. You will notice as you read that I don't physically describe my characters very much, you'll read about some specific characteristics that I judged "important" like Xander's tattoos, but I prefer to let my readers imagine the characters how they want them to be (I know I like to do so when I read, so I hope you do too). 

JOEY AVERY

Joey Avery isn't what she looks like

Joey Avery isn't what she looks like. Although at first glance, she might seem like the perfect little girl, she's got a dark side in her that is waiting to be exposed. She is not an angel after all, not as innocent as she appears to be. She reads for fun, doesn't smoke or drink, smiles and seems to enjoy life, but behind this mask she puts on, there is a broken girl who has suffered too much for her young age. She pretends that she isn't affected by people walking in and out of her life or hurting her, it's her way of protecting herself. She's lost so much, she can't afford losing more. After everything she's been through, Joey built a wall of sunshine and butterflies in front of her to hide the clouds and storms. She pretends so she doesn't hear one more person tell her that everything is going to be alright when, clearly, it's not. It's all an act to make sure nobody sees how imperfect and miserable she really is. She's pretending for others, but most of all for herself, to convince herself that she's strong and worth it and unattainable. Unbreakable. 

Depreciative thoughts, nightmares and memories, anxiety. She's suffocating and nobody notices. With time, she became good at pretending, it's her way of surviving. She wants to be the girl that people see when they look at her, therefore she loses herself between what's real and what's not.

She's fighting to keep herself from drowning in her own head.

XANDER WELLS