Chapter eighteen

I open my eyes, a sunbeam coming in my bedroom from the opening in the curtains

I open my eyes, a sunbeam coming in my bedroom from the opening in the curtains. I shrug, taking a hold of the nearest pillow and putting it over my head.

"What the..." I hear a sleepy voice murmur to herself, and immediately I know what's going on.

I just stole Joey's pillow.

"Give it back," she says, grabbing it and taking it off of my face.

"Sorry, I was still half asleep," I defend myself, handing her the said-pillow.

We're acting like an old couple and for a second, I find our situation perfectly ridiculous, but the more I think about it, the more I'm happy with the idea. I want to grow old wit Joey. Plus, acting like an old couple doesn't mean being a boring couple. I mean, we are far from boring. We have the most amazing sex, we dance in the rain, we go on double dates — soon, triple, if Kyle decides to introduce us to his mysterious boyfriend —, we have matching ring and necklace. We're cool. Who said we weren't in the game?

"I love you," I remind her, stealing a kiss from her before heading to the bathroom.

I desperately need a shower. I hop in, and a second later, I feel soft hands wrap around my torso, lips exploring my back, right between my shoulder blades. Water is running down my body, making my skin tingles, or maybe it's her kisses. I turn around, now facing her, taking in the beauty in front of me, before slightly stepping backwards allowing her to step under the showerhead, water dripping on her head, her hair becoming drenched in a matter of seconds. I like those moments when we just take in each other's presence, no hurry, no worry.

I would be lying if I said I didn't miss sleeping at the dorms and doing late nights of video games, but I wouldn't change what I have right now for anything in the world. In our apartment, we don't have to worry about being disturbed or interrupted, we don't have to try and be quiet, we're free to scream each other's name at the top of our lungs, I'm free to make love to my girlfriend wherever I want: in the shower, on the kitchen counter, on the couch.

"What's going on in that head of yours?" Joey asks me, pulling me out of my reverie.

"I'm just thinking about how lucky I am and how I can have you wherever I want in this apartment being interrupted by annoying roommates."

"And is the shower an option?" she smirks, knowing exactly the effect she has on me.

I love the confidence she developed around me.

She doesn't even give me the time to answer that her lips are already on mine. My hands reach for her tights, and she jumps in my arms, her legs wrapping around my core as I trap her between my body and the cold shower wall. She shivers a bit on the impact, but she's still hot for me. One of my arms let go of her body, the other supporting all of her weight, which is barely anything, and my hand finds its way to her entrance, thrusting two fingers in without a warning. She moans, clenching at my back harder. I please her until she comes for me, begging me not to let go, not to stop. Then, I get myself ready, giving my dick a few strokes, but as I am about to direct myself towards her, she stops me.