Cheater, Cheater Pumpkin Eater (Tom)

-

warnings: none

summary: Zawe cheated on Tom and he found out during filming. Tom doesn't handle the news well at all. His best friend and co-star, Y/N, can tell he's off and decides to venture into his trailer to see what's wrong with him. He tells her what happened and they decide to go out for dinner to keep his mind off of it. What they don't realize is that the paps have taken countless photos of them out together, and the following morning he gets a phone call from Zawe herself. 

A/N: Hi yes I know I put Zawe down as a cheater and stuff and I promise you it's just for the story! She's a very sweet person and she would never, but keep in mind I just made her this way for the plot. Enjoy. :)

-

    "And cut! Great job out there guys. Really got the waterworks flowin'!" The director said, patting Tom on the back and wandering off to the snack table. Y/N chuckled and looked over at Tom, who seemed lost in thought. Her brows furrowed. He had been like this all throughout filming today, and she was starting to get very worried about him. She walked up to him, shrugging her raincoat on. "Hey, Tom can I talk to you for a moment?"

He blinked and looked down at her, "Of course darling, what is it?" 

The term of endearment made her blush slightly. "Are you alright? You seem off today." He visibly stiffened and he sighed, averting his eyes and looking down at the ground. She frowned as the puffy redness of his eyes became visible. Had he been crying?

"Could I tell you somewhere private? There are far too many listening ears in here." He chuckled, but it sounded slightly strained. She nodded and followed him out of the film set, walking beside him to his trailer. 

Once they entered, he shut the door and hung their coats on the rack. She turned to face him, "So what's up?"

Her cheerful, happy mood seemed to relax Tom a bit. He looked tense and his jaw flexed as he looked away from her again. She frowned, "Tom?"

"Zawe cheated on me."

The news shocked her immensely. She had met Zawe a few times, and she seemed like the perfect girlfriend. Hell-- Tom was planning on taking Y/N with him to help pick out an engagement ring. "What?" She asked softly, her lips parting. Tom grimaced and she noticed a tear trickle down his cheek.

"Tom, I'm so sorry." She breathed, placing her hand on his shoulder and giving it a light squeeze. His lip wobbled, and he finally faced her. The sight of him made her heart break. His eyes were red and puffy, tears were flowing freely down his face, and his brows were pulled together.

Y/N pulled him in and hugged him, rubbing his back and letting him cry in the crook of her neck. His arms wrapped around her waist and he clung to her tightly, sobbing into her. 

She let him cry until his sobs were nothing but sniffles, then she pulled away just enough for him to see her face. "Do you want to sit down?"

He nodded, retracting his arms and following her to the sectional. She plopped down and he sat down next to her, laying his head on her shoulder and sniffling. 

"How did you find out?" She asked softly, caressing his shoulder with her thumb. "She was spotted in New York holding hands and kissing another guy." 

Rage pulsed through her, and Tom felt her stiffen. He raised his head and watched her ramble on, words like "beat," "choke," and "arson" leaving her lips. Tom chuckled and he wiped his tears as she finished her verbal assault.

"Some of those are punishable crimes, dear." He joked. She narrowed her eyes playfully and leaned close to him, making his heart speed up. "Does it look like I care?"