Chapter 5: You're not like everyone else. (Part 2)

~Hello!! For quite a while I had no activity on this story here so I moved my work to AO3, but suddenly a few people started to take interest to my story here, so I decided I will update all the parts on here from what I have on AO3 so people don't have to go back and forth and seek it out. I made some minor changes in the first few chapters after moving to AO3, but its roughly the same overall. Thanks!~

You eagerly began helping Garou with cleaning the chalkboards, hoping it would get done quickly so you could talk to him more without the distraction of cleaning. Despite his several protests for you to leave even as the security guard came to lock up the room, you still refused, and put a bashful pout on his face.

"Are the two of you remaining in here on break time?" the hall guard questioned, looking in the room at you and Garou. "Yeah, we got chalkboard duty!" As you replied proudly, the man chuckled and fished his keys out of his pocket. "I don't think I've ever heard a student being excited to have to stay indoors on break." He pulled out the key he needed and started to pull the door close. "Alright well, you know the drill, for safety, so we know every student is in a secure location, I have to lock it up until break is over. See you both again in about an hour or so." You waved him off as he locked the door with his key and went back to wiping the board quickly.
"I wish I could do this every day..."
Garou looked at you suspiciously as you spoke and then looked at the chalkboards and all the work still left to do.
"Why would you wanna do this everyday?" he questioned, definitely hating this chore that he got stuck with often.
"Why not? Its fun! I've never gotten to do this before." your voice was excited as you dusted out two brushes together, creating a small cloud of chalk dust. "My parents would never let me do anything messy like this. Always have to be super presentable..." You spoke sarcastically, setting the two brushes down and grabbing another set to smack them together as well, creating another dust cloud. It was definitely uncommon that you were able to get your hands on anything that looked fun, as your parents said you must always be a proper little lady. It seemed quite boring if you were being honest. Even as a little child, you remembered clearly not being able to play outside in the grass or dirt, or even pet an animal or sit on the ground cause your clothes could get dirty or wrinkled... Your parents didn't exactly abuse you in a physical way, just they were too concerned with looks and status to really let you enjoy your childhood or any part of life... Already almost 12 years old now, your time for being an actual kid was running out.

Garou's expression was a mix of understanding yet confusion at the same time. Cleaning the chalkboards was certainly nothing he wanted to do even once or twice, and hearing you say you could have fun doing it every day, really made him wonder about you.
"Technically my parents would get mad if I played outside for recess anyway. If my clothes come home dirty or wrinkled, they'll be upset."
"Oh...what do you normally get to do then when you go outside at school?"
You shrugged while setting the erasers down and looking for more to dust out. "Honestly, just kind of stand around and talk to others, but, not really getting to do anything. At least with this chalk it wont stay on my clothes, so they wont know." you giggled, finding another eraser off to the side to eagerly smack the dust out of of. Garou frowned at your response as he took a wet rag to finish off his section of the chalkboard.
It didn't take too long for the both of you to finish cleaning off the chalkboards, and you assisted with the higher parts that were harder to reach for Garou since you were just a little bit taller than him.
"Well I guess that's all of it." He sighed out, wiping his hands together to get any chalky dust off of them. "You still could have gone outside though...I mean, you could make lots of friends, they wanted to talk with you..."
You pouted down to him from the stool you were standing on.
"...Did you not want me in here?"
"What? N-no that's not what I m-meant!" Garou stammered quickly. "It's just, I didn't want you to be lonely, like me...you could have friends." He said quietly while looking down.
Hopping off the stool, you landed next to him and quickly hugged him in comfort, making his face turn red again. "I wanna be YOUR friend...those other guys are mean, why would I want to be friends with them?" Garou swallowed hard as you held him and he kept his arms at his side, uncertain what to do right now.
"M-my friend? No one wants to be my friend though..."
"But why not??" your voice was sad as you leaned back looking at him. "You're such a nice person...why wouldn't any one want to be your friend?"
As you let him go he looked to the side and held one of his arms in comfort. "I guess...cause I don't like to play the same games as they do..." You watched him and frowned, hearing the obvious despair in his voice.
"What kind of games?"
Garou sighed deeply and looked to the floor, trying to decided if telling you would be worth it or not.