Chapter 4: Long lost friend.

You still couldn't keep from looking at Garou's golden eyes, and you held his hand over your cheek, nuzzling into it gently, not wanting to give up the feeling of his warmth against your skin. You never really had the chance to say goodbye to him when you were younger. Hugging him often was something you did each time the two of you parted, but if you had known the last time you saw him would have been the last time for so many years, you would have held on a bit tighter, a bit longer...
"I've missed you so t-terribly much..." you whispered softly, trying to sit up to be closer to him. Your voice cracked as emotions consumed you. You both were so different now, so much older and grown...all that time of growing up together missed out on. "A-And you saved me, from those guys and-."
"Hey...You need to stay down." His voice commanded gently, taking a hold of your arms again to lean you back down against the cushions he had put behind you. Reluctantly laying back down, you looked at the bruises and small cuts on his face, and a frown pulled the corners of your lips down. "The marks on your face...Was it from those guys?" Your concerned question was met with a returning chuckle as Garou patted the wet cloth across your forehead a bit more.
"Some douchebags attacked you, you have a broken nose, and maybe a broken rib, yet you're worried about some minor bruises on my face? I see you haven't changed at all..."
You laughed weakly but winced as you did so, feeling the dull pain in your lower ribs.
"Yeah it's not going to feel good for a while, trust me, I know." His low voice was so soothing and you smiled to him appreciatively. He touched around your nose with his fingertip while looking at it on both sides. "Your nose isn't that bad...probably just needs some ice for a couple days, should heal fine on its own otherwise. For your ribs, not much you can do for those except take it easy and don't move too much if you can avoid it...compliments of those pathetic fucking bastards."
Garou took the wet cloth from your forehead and dabbed it around your nose to clean up any dried blood. You winced at the soreness of your nose and he reacted accordingly, the touches becoming even more careful. You placed your hand on his free hand, holding the top of it gently and you felt his muscles tense up at your touch and a small dusting of pink came to his face as he kept wiping around your nose. His hands were so much bigger now, and they looked rough, his knuckles scarred and cracked in places.

You let your eyes travel up his toned arm but stopped as you got to his shoulder, feeling very awkward about this all of the sudden. Noticing heat coming into your cheeks more and your stomach starting to feel like it was fuzzy and almost ill, you looked away, pressing your lips into a fine line. As kids, you two were always close but of course, being more grown up now, you realized being this close to him, and in this position as he was over you without his shirt on, was making you feel, odd. This was your friend, were you allowed to enjoy what he looked like in this way? You hadn't really thought of anyone attractive before...is it just cause he was your close friend? It seemed like it wasn't something you should even be feeling, and you convinced yourself it was just the result of the traumatic experience, and him rescuing you, so your emotions must be all over the place right now. Besides, he most likely was not going to be thinking any of these things about you...would he?
You unknowingly bit your lip while in deep thought, and started to wonder how awful you must look right now, and no guy would be interested in that... You were already so exhausted, then after being attacked it was clear your hair was a mess, makeup ruined, not even in nice clothes let alone really any clothes besides what you presumed to be his shirt, how unattractive you must look right now... Garou was leaning over you with a ridiculously good looking upper body and his face had become so handsome, and you felt like a tattered rag doll beneath him...While finishing wiping up any dried blood he could, Garou brought a small ice pack up to your nose, resting it against one side gently causing you to suck air in through your teeth in slight pain.
"What's on your mind right now..?" he asked while looking at you with a cocked brow.