Vegas

It had been too long since Alex had been on a tour bus. It had been too long since he had hung out with any of his band mates properly. Especially jack. Alex and jack had spent very little time together considering the fact they were inseparable at the best of times. He guessed life really did get in the way of the good times.

But this tour was going to be a good one. As a debut to their first proper album. Alex and the other members of all time low had decided it be awesome if they were to pull out the original tour list from their first 'so wrong it's right' tour. They were going to every place and every venue in order of what they did for that album, but this time, they were touring their latest, 'wake up sunshine'. And quite frankly, Alex was excited. He was beyond excited if that were even possible. He couldn't wait for it all. They didn't have sold out shows this time around, probably due to the awkward time of year, but, Alex was most looking forward to their gig in Vegas. A sold out show of screaming fans all supporting him and encouraging him to do what he does best. Lark around with his friends and sing until his lungs give out.

"Hey dude." Jack greeted, handing Alex a beer in the process before going and sitting down next to the brown haired man.

"Thanks man." Alex responded, holding the bottle to his lips and taking a swig, letting the warmth flow through him and into his veins.

"You look tense." Jack indicated, pointing to the hand that clutched Alex's knee as he took another swig from the bottle. Alex smiled once he brought the brown glass away from his mouth.

"Quite the opposite I think you'll find." He stated. Jack grinned, and held his beer to his mouth.

"Well, cheers to Alex Gaskarth, the best fucking dude that created this band. And the best friend since I was seven." Jack raised his beer into the sky before downing the rest in one go. Alex chuckled at the sight and found himself smiling to himself at the messy man beside him, of whom he often called his best friend.

"How many have you had?" Alex pondered. Jack just grinned.

"Five, this is my sixth."

"Was your sixth." Alex corrected.

"Whatever." Jack shrugged and lay back against the sofa, kicking his legs out and putting his arms behind his head. Then something seemed to flick a switch in jack. A great big smile spread across his face as he turned to look at Alex. Alex couldn't conceal the playful look of curiosity that had found a home on his face. He loved drunk jack, he was always so thrilling. "Alex, Alex, Alex." Jack practically yelled. His voice morphing to mimick something like a child.

"Jack, jack, jack." Alex mocked back, smirking himself.

"Two words." Jack said, sitting up fully and holding up three fingers instead of the two he should have held, practically waving them in front of Alex, so they became a blur in Alex's vision. "Road. Trip." Jack stated and nodded. Alex's smile faded. As much as he would love to do that with jack, he couldn't. They were already on the tour bus getting ready to leave, they couldn't go on a road trip now. That would take days.

"We can't do that." Alex sighed.

"It's okay, we can go tonight and come back tomorrow evening. Just drive for twenty four hours or so. Then, we'll be back for the Vegas show." Jack nodded, confirming his decision with himself. Alex wasn't so sure. He didn't want to leave all of the crew and Rian and Zack. It would be unfair to them. Then again, jack was begging him, and Alex hadn't spent a lot of quality time with the guy in a long time. One days disappearance couldn't hurt could it?

~*~

Before they knew it, Alex and jack were driving down dirt track roads and tarmac, not really looking at anything in particular but the fact that they were together. Jack made a reach for the stereo dial, when Alex slapped his hand away. "Jack, it's like eleven o'clock at night." He warned. Jack just pouted and folded his arms across his chest.