Chapter 1: Invitation

Haseul woke up early in the morning and went downstairs to get ready for work. She showered, put on proper clothes and made breakfast for her kids that were still sleeping.

As she opened the door, Haseul sees a small white envelope right in front of her door.

She leans down to grab the envelope and inspects it so that she could find out who sent it to her. There was no name. It only had "Jo Haseul" written on the back.

The single mom decides to leave the letter on a table for her to look at when she comes back home.

As Haseul leaves home to go to work, her children wakes up.

Heejin sits up from bed and stretches her arms out. She looks at her sister on the bed across from her and walks over.

Usually, Heejin would just shake Yeojin's body until she wakes up but today she decides to change it up a little. So the older sister takes her hand and slaps it across of the face of her sibling.

With the pain she just felt, Yeojin wakes up along with all her hate for the world. She looks at her older sister thinking weather or not her mom would get mad if Heejin suddenly goes missing.

You might be thinking, is this how siblings actually act? Yes. Yes it is. But other than that, they both still love each other i think...

They both go down the stairs to eat their breakfast while watching Netflix.

Even though they're already 17 and 18 years old, Haseul still makes them heart shaped pancakes. Heejin enjoys it but Yeojin... not very much. She said that she would appreciate it more if it's shaped like a butt.

"Should we watch Fear Street?" The older asked with a remote control on her hand

"Isn't that a thriller?" Heejin nodded "well doesn't that mean that it's better if we watch it at night?"

"Yeah, you're right. Should we invite some people over tonight so that its more fun?"

"If this is your way of getting that rich Ha girl to think you're cool then this is not the way to go my dear sister" Yeojin says as she shoves a pancake down her throat

"I'm older so shut up"

Heejin grabs her phone and calls her good friend/crush Ha Hyunjin. As the phone rings, Heejin slightly realizes that this is a very bad idea. But all is too late because the phone has been answered

"Hello?" Hyunjin says with a hoarse voice over the phone

"Oh did you just wake up?" Heejin guessed by the sound of the other's voice

Hyunjin looked around and saw that it was still 8 o'clock in the morning. As she stands up from her bed, Hyunjin thinks of a reason on why the hell someone would be awake so early

"Yeah and don't worry, you didn't wake me up" Hyunjin lies to the other so that no feelings are hurt

"Oh thank god" Heejin said over the phone making the other chuckle "So anyways, wanna watch a movie with me and my sister tonight?"

"Uhh yeah sure. I'll bring Hyeju with me so our moms don't have to worry about anything" Hyunjin said while leaning on the counter of their kitchen.

"Ok great. See you!"

The call ended.

While blushing about what just happened, Heejin notices a letter on the table right next to her. For now, she just ignored it because it's probably her mother's