Chapter 8: Lost

"So they're finally united. Very convenient in my part."

It has been almost a week since the whole killer robot thing. Most of them has already even forgotten about it.

Though, Sooyoung's been a bit paranoid about the whole thing lately and hasn't gotten any sleep since. While Jiwoo still tries her best to keep her family intact.

The Kim family has been doing well the past few days except for Jinsoul who seemed a bit distant lately.

Haseul and Vivi have been meeting a lot lately, which also gives Heejin, Yeojin, and Chaewon to bond as well.

"So i was like, no, I don't want to waste your money BUT THEN at the end of the night, she gave it to me as a present" Chaewon said blushing as she gossips to Heejin and Yeojin.

Heejin gasps as she also feels romantic excitement about what Chaewon just shared "So when's your next date? And can i come."

Chaewon looked at her confused, not knowing why Heejin would come to her and Hyeju's "date"

"She has a crush on the lookalike child." Yeojin stated while she stuffs popcorn in her mouth.

"Ohhhh then you must have good taste in women then" Chaewon joked about both their crushes being twins

(Hyunjin and Hyeju are fraternal twins so they don't look exactly alike)

Heejin chuckled "So do you think i'll have a chance with Hyunjin?"

The other paused with an unsure look on her face "I don't really see Hyunjin that much. Their house is so big, you'd barely think that there's someone home"

"In short, my lonely and sad sister, you absolutely have no chance with the skater girl" Yeojin teased

"You still have a chance i think. Just keep hanging around the mall near the Nike store. Hyeju says she's always there" Chaewon said, giving the other girl hope

"Mom i'm going to Yeojin's place!" Choerry said while she's on her phone, expecting one of her mothers to respond. None of them did.

"Mom?" She looked up from the device, trying to find either Jungeun or Jinsoul but apparently no one was home.

Choerry thought for a second until her phone rang in her hand

"Hey are you coming or what?"

It was Yeojin.

"Yeah i am. Just give me a sec to get my parents' permission and i'll be right over. I promise"

"You better keep that promise Kim."

The call ended.

Even though the situation is easy to handle e.g. making a phone call with one of them, Choerry decides to visit Jungeun at her workplace so that she can get her permission.

"Hi, do you mind telling me where i can find Jungeun Kim?" Choerry asked one of the guards inside the building that her mother works in

"Ma'am I wouldn't suggest visiting her at this hour. There's a lot of rumors going around that she might lose at court today" the guard said and told her where to go right after.

While walking, Choerry realizes that this is the first time she's seeing her mother work right before a case.

As she takes the last turn to her destination, she hears her mother's voice and it's definitely not a good thing that it's a bit more enraged than usual.