Chapter 2: A Tall Tale

It was almost the end of Haseul's shift and was about to go home. Even with the thought of finally relaxing and going back to her daughters, Haseul still doesn't want to.

Is it because the children that she adopted are really annoying? Possibly. But no.

It's the same thing that's been bothering her ever since she left home. That creepy ass letter. Who even writes letters these days? Whoever wrote that must be a psychopath.

As she left the building of the place she's been working in, Haseul felt her phone vibrate. Someone was calling her.

Who might it be you ask? Her old college friend. Vivi.

"Please tell me that you also got a letter"

The letter. Haseul's eyes widened at the mention of it. She didn't think that it was that big of a deal when she saw it. Judging by the call that she's currently in, it might be a bigger deal than she thought.

"I'm not sure that we're talking about the same letter but yes. I got a letter"

"Did you look at what was written in it?" Vivi asked with a slight tremble in her voice

"No. I left it in the house before I left for work"

"Go home. Go home and read the goddamn letter. Call me when you do"

The call ended.

It was weird. It's been a while since she's talked to her and the first conversation they've been in is with a trembling voice.

The kids were about to start the movie but was interrupted by someone unlocking the door. It was Haseul.

The mother of two saw that they have visitors and smiled at them. She continued to drop her stuff and find the letter.

Trying to keep herself calm for what she's about to read, Haseul opens the letter. In the letter it says;

Jo Haseul

We would like to invite you to
La Maison de Création.
Your attendance is deeply expected.

Upon your arrival, you are bound to meet some old friends.
We'd like to think of your visit as a reunion.

Please do note that may you not come,
severe consequences will be implied such as;
Death of  loved ones, Losing of careers etc.
We want you to know that this promise shall take in to action once the clock strikes midnight.

See you soon, Jo Haseul.

Haseul looked at the time and it was already 8:00 PM. That only gives her 4 hours.

She looked at the address that was at the back of the note and pulled out her phone to call Vivi.

"Hello?"

"How fast can you get here?"

"Jungie, there's nothing to worry about. This is probably just some sort of joke." Jinsoul said trying to calm her wife down.

"And if it's not?" Jungeun said straight to Jinsoul "What do we do when it's too late to fix everything huh?"

Jinsoul sighed "If you're really that worried, then fine. We should go"