Remedy

M I N A

I woke up this morning and nearly had a heart attack. I forgot that Jungkook was sleeping on the floor in my room and I almost stepped right on him. Luckily, I caught myself in time, but not after I was startled. The commotion must have woke him up.

"Are you okay...?" He wakes up, squinting his eyes.

"Yeah...sorry. Just almost stepped on you."

He chuckles, "My bad. Maybe I should find a better spot to sleep."

"I told you, you don't have to sleep on the floor." I say.

"Yeah." He shrugs, "But that's where I'm gonna be."

He's so stubborn sometimes.

Junsu was already awake, standing up in his crib, watching us.

"Good morning, baby boy, did you sleep good?" I go to lift him up to take him to get changed and brush his teeth.

I glance out of the door while we were in the bathroom and see Jungkook fixing all of the blankets and pillows on my bed and in Junsu's crib. When he's done with that, he walks out of the bedroom.

"I'm gonna toast some bagels, do you want one?" He calls from the kitchen.

"Yes please! Thank you!"

"What do you want for breakfast today, Jun?" I talk to Junsu while I comb his hair, "Do you want to try some fruit today?"

Junsu loves the peach baby food, but he hasn't tried solid peaches yet. Jungkook thinks he'll like strawberries and bananas too though.

Weekends like this are nice. Neither of us are rushing around because Jungkook's on a break from school and I have a few days off from work after the weekend. Today should be relaxing since we have nothing else to do but run a few errands.

J U N G K O O K

It was an eventful morning. We found out that Junsu really like peaches (not really a surprise) and bananas. We cut up some fruit for him to try during breakfast and then he started trying to talk some more. He said his first word about a month ago. It was "annyeong" but it sounded more like "anyeo". I don't think he's said any other words yet, but we've heard him trying to say our names. He's getting pretty close to saying Mina's name recently.

The three of us went out to the store to pick up a few things. Mina looked really nice today. I wanted to tell her that, but I was too nervous to. I don't understand myself sometimes.

Do I like her or not?

I'm so confusing.

This crossed my mind while we were out today and then I couldn't stop thinking about it no matter how hard I tried.

We went out for lunch together, the two of us sat across from each other at a table. I couldn't look her in the eyes for more than three seconds at a time. I felt like she could see right through me, but I kept calm for as long as I could.

I broke when we got back home.

"Hey, I'll meet you back at your place, I just need to take care of something at mine." I told Mina as we were riding the elevator up to our floor.

"Okay. I'll see you there then."

I rushed into my apartment, walked straight up to my room and looked myself in the mirror.

What are you doing?

Just tell her!

Waiting is only going to make things tougher for you.

Stop lying to her.

Don't you love her?

She deserves to know.

Tell her already!

The two sides of my mind were having an argument. I forced myself to make a decision and pulled myself together.

My heart was racing as I approached her door. I think I pushed myself to tell her so much that I told her without building up to it. I didn't give myself any time to be nervous.

I walked into her apartment and found her in her room with Junsu. When I saw her, it just happened.

"Mina," I say her name to get her attention.

She looks up at me, stopping what she was doing.

"I love you."

There was a pause before either of us said anything.

But she just smiles.

"I love you too, Jungkook."

How could she say that so easily? It took me so long to gather up the courage to tell her three words. She must be thinking of a different kind of love.

"I-I mean..." I try to explain, "I have feelings for you. I think of you as more than just a friend."

"Oh," She chuckles, "Well in that case, I think love you too."

Did she hear what I just said?

"You do?" I ask.

She nods, "I think we're very close, Jungkook. I think I've been feeling something for you too, I just didn't know exactly what it was. But now that I think about it, you're probably right. It must be love."

"So..what does that make us?" I ask the question that's been bugging me for so long.

She shrugs, "More than friends." She went back to what she was doing and left it at that.

She was making me think differently.

I brought it up again later that night after Junsu was already asleep.

"So it's not that big of a deal then?" I ask her.

"What?"

"That I love you. Does that mean anything to you?"

She grabs me by the wrist and pulls us into her room, shutting the door behind us.

"Were you expecting a different reaction?" She asks.

I shake my head, "I don't know, it was just such a big deal for me, I thought it would be like that for you too."

"It wasn't a surprise, Jungkook." She says, "Just look at us. Even before you said anything, anyone who saw us together would know there was something between us."

I didn't say anything. I was still trying to comprehend what was happening.

She takes a step closer looking up at me, "What do you want me to do, Jungkook?"

I didn't tell her what I wanted her to do. I just did what I wanted to do.

I took a step in, closing the gap between us and I kissed her. My hands gently held her face as she stumbled back, getting us against the wall. She keeps pulling until our bodies are up against each other. Her embrace was warm and welcoming. She made it so hard to stop.

Eventually we pull apart, our hands still on each other.

"Is this what we are..?" I ask.

She slips her hands between the space under my arms and hugs me.

"We don't need to label this relationship, Jungkook." She says, "At least not yet."

She stops hugging me so tight to look me in the eyes, "I'm sure we'll know what we are when the time comes."

That's the problem. I'm impatient.

But our relationship just took a huge turn. Maybe we'll know soon and I won't have to be waiting long.

There's only one way to find out.