Dress Rehearsals

Freelancers Season 2 is out!!! YAY!!!

I'm sorry for the wait. Thanks for being so supportive!

Mallory's POV

I walked into the studio and everyone inside glanced at me. Well, everyone except for Stacey and Tanner. The former was down on one knee in front of Tanner, as though he was proposing.

"Oh Tanner," Stacey said and mimed opening a ring box. "The love of my life. Will you marry me?"

"Of Course!" Tanner breathed and pretended to wipe his eyes. Stacey slid the imaginary ring on Tanner's finger and stood up. It was then that they noticed me. "Oh hey Mallory."

"Um... Congratulations?" I said. To be honest this is normal behavior for the gang.

Jason started laughing and clapped Stacey on the back. "They just decided that maybe we should do a proposal skit, and then this happened."

The entire room started laughing and I joined in. Matt gave me a little kiss, but I could tell something was off with him.

"What's wrong?" I asked.

"Nothing," He said. I raised my eyebrow. "Just thinking about the show tomorrow."

"I can't believe it's already tomorrow. Are you ready?"

Before he could answer, Jason came out. He had sort of become the actor in charge because he was a member of both Studio C and JK Studios.

"Let's get this party started!!"

We all gathered around him. In total, we were doing 5 skits. There are three new ones, with a mix of everybody. Then there is the Naturally rebooted, and then a sketch at the end with everybody and one of their most favorite characters. It is going to be amazing.

As we practiced the last sketch, I felt a sense of deja vu, seeing everyone in their costumes. Matt ran up to me in his Kyle costume and put on a pose. Whitney was perfect in her Anne persona and Natalie's accent was perfect. This was going to be the best sketch ever! 

After rehearsal, we were all putting everything away and setting up for tomorrow.

"Mal," Jason walked up to me. "Remember that Kyle Gets married sketch? That was hilarious."

"For you it was," I said as I walked to my car. "I just got tackled by Matt and got caked shoved in my face!"

"Oh, yeah!" Whitney called, "That was really funny."

After I said goodbye to everyone, and was on my way home, I couldn't help but wonder why Jason had brought up that sketch. Sure, it was funny. And yes, Matt did dress up as Kyle today, but it was still pretty random.

Eventually, my thoughts drifted again to the show tomorrow. I was so excited to be back at Studio C. I couldn't wait!

***

There you have it! An Update! Again, I'm so sorry.

Also, this story is going to be coming to a close soon. :( Only a couple more chapters.

Thanks for reading!!

Love Ya!