Chapter Fourteen

Chapter Fourteen

Once the paramedics left I went back to my car to clear my mind. I had just held my daughter for only the second time in my life.

It all started when I was part of the Jackson Yungn's. We were in contact with numerous females, and we were reckless. Long story short, a girl called Kayanna becomes pregnant and I have a daughter.

She didn't trust me around the child so she ran away, also she was only 17 and I was only 18. From then on I tried to become serious with my life. I began home tutoring as I was sure I wasn't going to make it into any college. When I finally graduated I wanted out with the gang and the rest is history.

Now I had been given a second chance, and I had to deal with it. Slowly, I awoke from my deep thoughts and began to think straight. "I should've followed the ambulance!" I thought to myself, and I fumbled around the car to find the car key. Had it been stolen? More frantically I continued my search for the missing keys. I couldn't find them! With a huff I gave up and slumped back on my chair. I didn't have a screwdriver so I couldn't Hotwire the car. I was screwed.

A patrol car slowly drove past me then got to the end of the road . It made a u turn and came back to park behind me. Two officers walked up and one with a particularly burly moustache knocked on the window.

Slowly I rolled it down without making eye contact. "Excuse me sir" he said

"Do you know why we have stopped you?"

"No officer." I replied as calmly as possible. The fact that this was stolen, kept me on edge, even though I had gone through this many more times during my criminal days.

"Do you know that this vehicle is stolen?" Officer moustache asked.

"No officer." I repeated.

This time he said "Could you please step out of the car"

When I did said action, he forcefully pushed me against the car and said "You have the right to remain silent sir, anything you do or say may be used for or against you in court et cetera et cetera." After that half hearted declaration of my rights, he led me to the car and put me in the backseat. I was going to jail for a long time.

Ash's POV

It had been almost two days since I had talked to Dev, and we had finally agreed to meet Lisa at the hospital. I got up that morning feeling slightly guilty, because I hadn't visited Lisa since she went into hospital.

For a long time I just sat on the bed waiting; I didn't know what for. Finally Dev calls me saying that he was on his way to the hospital. I felt very anxious, which I barely felt, and weird in general. It was as if I was meeting my new foster parents again.

I put on a black leather jacket I had bought A long time ago and wore a plain white top with casual jeans. I decided to wear my timberlands because they were closest to me and I left.

After a while of contemplation, I decided to walk. The hospital wasn't far and I needed to get some fresh air. The streets were full of Angry,Loud People shouting various profanities at each other in French. There also seemed to be an abundance of tractors in the town which further justified walking as traffic would have been slow as hell.

It took a good 10 minutes for me to arrive at the village hospital. Casually I walked into the waiting room and sat down picking up a farming magazine and pretending to read it. Moments later I heard the door to the waiting room open and in came a distressed looking Dev.

Lisa's POV

Being in hospital had become extremely boring as they would repeatedly refuse to allow me to do basic things like walk around. I was only allowed out of the bed for up to 20 minutes every day so that i would get some exercise.

I tried to read my book 'Gone' but I only got through roughly three pages before I ended up staring at the ceiling. Looking around was boring as hell; I knew the ward almost by heart every crevice and crack had been registered in my mind due to 3 months of pointless staring.

This time though, my staring was interrupted by Nurse Gilda, my new, nicer nurse, entering the room.

"Excuse me Lisa you have some visitors."

"Thank you!" I basically shouted. These were my first visitors since I had been put in hospital and I was really hyped to see them.

The hope died down when the two smug looking bastards came into the ward. You guessed right- it was Dev and Ash.

--------------------------------------------------------

Sorry for the shortness of this chapter and how long it took to write, but I was kind of busy, so I have to be excused. Any who, could you guys please VOTE and COMMENT so I can see your opinion. Thx for reading.