Chapter 15

Esperanza was shocked. This median before her... they had come across her loved ones, as well as those she absolutely detested, before? Had they ever come across... had they ever seen her Alexander? The median suddenly turned to Lin, noticing him standing rather close to Esperanza. "You," they said as they pointed at Lin who raised an eyebrow. "You have someone stood very close to you, extremely close. He's... he's young-looking, possibly 25 or 26, with auburn hair. He... He has beautiful eyes, a mix of blue and violet."

Esper turned to Lin, eyes wide with hope as Lillianna took her mother's hand, smiling as she squeezed it in pure hope. The median turned away from Lin who seemed shocked at the revelation of who was beside him. "There are many spirits here," the median continued, looking around the room they were in. "Some are more prominent than others, however there's one that is quite prominent by the name of Alexander." They paused, as if listening to someone talking. "And he has a message for someone here, a past lover. Esperanza, he has a message for you." Esper nodded, smiling at Lin with tears in her eyes before looking back at the median. "He says he misses you and that he's proud of what you achieved in the final years of your life."

Esper smiles, a tear trickling down her cheek. She could have sworn that she felt her lover's thumb trying to wipe the tear away. "W-Where is he?" With a gentle smile, the median merely pointed in front of where the sixteen-year-old currently stood. "Thank you, my Alexi."

"There's three more spirits coming through by the names of Marquis de Lafayette, Hercules Mulligan, and John Laurens," the median announces. Esper wiped her tears, knowing her heart was about to be tugged and pulled jut by hearing those three names. The cast smile, Renee taking a hold of the girl's other hand that Lillianna didn't currently occupy. "They're saying that they miss you, Mrs Hamilton. However, they know they'll see you soon." The median dipped their head before they left the building and headed to their home, leaving behind a confused cast and children. Was Esperanza going to die soon? Was all anyone could think as tears streamed down Esper's cheeks, Renee holding her close as she quietly sobbed. Her friends were there, her husband was there. They were all around her, and yet she couldn't see, feel, or hear them and that's what hurt the most. The knowledge that they were there yet she could do nothing with them, absolutely nothing at all. That would change in due course, of course, yet no one knew what that entailed.