Chapter 6

Art found on Pinterest

3rd person POV

Wilbur, Schlatt, and Techno were all sitting in the airport cafe waiting for Dream to arrive.

"So, what happened to smiley coming to stay with us for a week?" Techno said, casually while taking a bite out of his cheap store-bought sandwich. Jschlatt and Wilbur looked at each other. Neither had seen or properly talked to Dream in the past week and they were both worried. Techno picked up on the tension given off by them and shifted awkwardly in his seat. he had always hated social situations, especially tense ones. "Is he even still coming?"

"They should be, they texted me an hour ago double-checking the time of the flight," Schlatt replied showing the group their texts.

Dream

Dream: What time is the flight again and when should I get there?

Schlatt: Flights at 8:25 AM so leave yours at 8

Dream: ok

Schlatt: Are you ok? It's been a week since anyone heard anything from you

---Read at 6:36 AM---

"Ok, so they're coming and they're depressed."

"Techno! What the hell?" Wilbur stood up and shouted at his brother, everyone around them started staring like they were about to fight. Wilbur noticed this and sat back down. He honestly didn't know why he was so upset.

"Am I wrong? They sound properly depressed there, neither of you have heard from them and they canceled the weeklong sleepover or whatever it was. Take it from me, they sound depressed." Techno continued. Schlatt and Wilbur certainly weren't happy about what he said but they didn't say anything because they knew he was right.

Around 10 minutes later, Schlatt was half asleep, Techno was reading a book and Wilbur was scrolling through his phone. All of them worried about Dream. Wilbur and Schlatt had known Dream for years and this had happened before, it was never good. Even Techno was worried. Though Techno had only met Dream once he was an exceptionally good judge of character, and he could tell this was a bad sign, to say the least.

"Ok, I'm going to call them" Wilbur announced, waking up Schlatt and making Techno look up from his book.

"Not a clever idea, I don't know them very well, but I don't think they'll appreciate you checking up on them" Techno replied.

"Exactly you don't know them, and you don't care, just keep reading your war book or whatever you're reading." By this point Wilbur had completely forgotten about operation DNB, he only cared about his friend

"It's Sun Tzu – the Art of War." Techno said, completely unfaced by Wilbur's tone. With being the older, Wilbur often acted like he was the dictator of a nation consisting of his brothers and a few friends.

"I don't care, I'm calling them"

"They must be pretty special if you are getting this worried about them." The group turned toward the sound and there stood Dream. Wilbur got up and hugged him while Schlatt and Techno stayed seated

They all talked for a while as Dream avoided the question "what happened to you this past week?"

"What's the flight going to be like?" Dream asked just as Schlatt asked how Jason reacted to them not going around Wilbur's.

"The flight leaves at 8:25 AM and it's 3 hours and 56 minutes long. We're in the Economy and we have Wi-Fi, in-seat power, USB outlets, on-demand video. Seating is me and Techno, Schlatt and Dream."