Chapter 5

WC:244

     He leans closer...but stops immediately after he started. He removes his hand from my face and backs away. "I'm sorry." He says, shaking his head. "I don't know what got into me." "It's okay." I say, with a soft smile. I placed my hand on his shoulder once again. "I just forgot that you aren't Mary." He says, his back still facing me. Man, he really was crazy about this girl. "Were you in a relationship with her?" I asked him. "Yes..." He says, looking down. "Oh, I'm sorry." I say. "We were married." He says, shaking his head. "Oh, that's great." I say, with a small smile. "I miss her. I miss Mary." He says. "Where is she?" I ask. "She's gone, my Mary is gone. It will never be the same again." He says. It sounds like he's going to cry. I better comfort him. I turn him around and wrap my arms around him. He does the same. "I'm sorry that it won't be the same..." I say, still hugging him. Okay, she has to be dead. He said "she's gone" and "it won't ever be the same again". I feel bad for him. I can't believe that he lost his wife like that. He made it sound like they were so happy together... Without thinking, I said it. There was no going back from what just slipped out of my mouth. I knew it was a mistake...