Chapter 6 (Final Chapter)

WC:216

      "Did she die?" I blurt out, but instantly cover my mouth afterwards. "Yes." He says, pulling away. What have I done? He's probably so mad at me for asking. "One year ago, in a car accident." He says, covering his face with his hands. "I'm so sorry, Jack." I say.

Jack's Perspective

      It's so sad that she doesn't remember us getting married and having a daughter. Because after Jessie died in that car accident..Mary became thinking that her name is Jessie. I really don't like playing along with it. I should tell her the truth.

Jessie's Perspective

           "Jessie?" Jack says. "Yeah?" I respond. "We had a daughter named Jessie." He says. "Oh, really? What a coincidence." I say, surprised. "No, I mean you and I. You and I had a daughter that we named Jessie and she died in a car accident. You became crazy after...and began to think that you're a girl named Jessie." He says. What? I what? I'm Mary...? It's...all coming back to me. I'm Mary Faith Folkman. Jack and I had a daughter that we named Jessie, and she died in that horrible car accident. I apparently lost my mind after that because of how upset I was.. Jack isn't the crazy one....I am.

                     THE END