Anna's Ending

I spent the remainder of my night sifting through my presents. I don't recall being this giddy since my mother's passing. Even my wolf is drunk on her happiness, skipping around like a pup in my mind. Before my mother's passing my birthday was the most sacred holiday amounts our family. I spent a day being lavished by anything I could possibly wish for at that age. I received books, practice knives, dolls, and so many other items that a child lusted over. After, when it was just my father and I, I no longer received presents; only lessons. I spent most of my birthdays at these ages simply surviving. Possessions began to have little meaning to me. I could loose things very easily, for it was easy to form little attachment to material goods. Losing loved ones was much harder in comparison.

The gifts I received today have brought me back to my childhood in the most bittersweet of ways. The past colliding with the present, regression. In the span of a day I went from only possessing the clothing on my back to having enough to fill my closet. Each item varied in size and fit, some were thoroughly worn possessing small rips and tears in its fabric, but it didn't matter to me. I was thankful for every article I had received, and the next time I'm in the presence of those females I shall once more express my gratitude towards them. I hope to meet with them again soon, especially Katyak. Isoloatuion often leads to loneliness, and I have no one else in my life, especially not my mate.

My male had kept to himself after our conversation in the kitchen. I'm aware now, through my own logical thinking, that he has not known what I've been up to in his gym all along. Rather he pieced two and two together; my body's return to power has not gone unnoticed by his eyes. And to confirm his suspicions I didn't clean the gym after I used it today. I was far too distracted by my surprise guests to remember to do it as I normally would.

Adonis. My cunning male. He plays his cards nearly as close to his chest as I do. We both are skilled in this game we play, but I am better. I see through him. He sees the female I want him to. 
At least, I think he does..

Before I rest for the night I decided to bathe. It was in the shower where the first stab of pain hit my chest. Quick and fleeting almost as though it was a mistake. It isn't long before that strong ache clings to my being permanently. Immediately stubborn tears well in my eyes. I have only ever felt this feeling when Adonis was entertaining his whore. My wolf rages in my mind. I do not wish to care, but for some reason I do.

This man is only my mate in theory. He rarely ever shows me love or compassion, and if he does it is so fleeting it's surely a lapse in judgment. His touch lights fires within my body, but he rarely touches me. He is nothing like the mates I have seen in my life. I am not his equal; I am his slave. And yet even as I am aware of all of this, the crack in my heart lengthens.

He had not left, I would have heard the door, which means he brought a she wolf here. I scent the air for confirmation, and I am proven correct.

Adonis is versatile for he betrays me in numerous ways. It was highly uncommon for soul mates to commit infidelity; my male has no issues with this. In my birth pack it was custom for young males to build their future mates a home. They would gather in groups and work all seasons of the year on the structures that would soon hold their families for decades. When their houses were finally complete only females within the immediate family were allowed entry, and even then some males would opt for no visitors at all, wishing to keep it scent free until their soul bounds smell could blend with theirs. My male brings females into what could have been our home while I reside merely across the hall. 

The sadness in my being begins to slowly evaporate and rage takes it's place instead. If I must be forced to sleep in his home then I shall force him to sleep with his females elsewhere. If I bleed he shall bleed. It's a vow I make to us both even though it is not heard by his ears. My wolf wishes to rise to control but I force her down; this is my war with his skin. She shall stay out it. In seconds I'm standing outside of his door sniffing the air once more to see if one of my new friends has betrayed me. The scent is familiar, but she was not acquainted with me today, instead we met many moons ago whilst I was chained to a pole.