Whanautanga

With every newborn baby, a little sun rises

Much to the protest of Lex the group had let Trudy stay, being in active labour was a game changer. Harper and Oli had been going around the mall finding the necessary supplies. "We're going to need lots of hot water and towels. Everyone! Clear out and stop crowding her. I'm going to go boil the water." Harper announced, Oli following.

"I'll help," Nate offered, not really seeing his place in the room. Harper nodded making her way out of the room.

"ohhh, pretty boy wants to help. Someone's got a crush," Oli teased her, imitating Nate.

Harper rolled her eyes at his sarcastic comment, "Don't be daft." She added. The two of them walking ahead of Nate. He was admiring her, unaware of their conversation.

Oli gave his lifetime best friend a cheeky smile and they began a playful argument, harmlessly elbow shoving each other as they laughed. Oli tripped Harper as he ran away, causing her to fall backwards, stopping short when Nate put his hand in the middle of her back to catch her.

" Falling for me again?" Nate joked giving her a cheeky smile, making sure she was okay as he stepped around her to follow Oli.

Harper stood there, stunned, a small blush making is way to her star-dusted check. Definitely not the time, she muttered to herself.

- - - -

After filling a couple of bowls of water, much to the protests of Lex, they made their way back towards the room with the help of Dal. Amber walked towards them taking the water from Harper and handing her a piece of paper. "Can you find these things,"

Reading the list Harper nodded, "It won't be easy, I might have to go outside for some of it. But I have a rough idea where."

Amber gave her a grateful look, "Take Dal with you," she offered looking at him as he agreed. "And be careful."

Harper was in her and Oli's shared room grabbing her backpack and some supplies in case something went wrong. She grabbed her roller skates, the were a better mode of transportation to stay away from the Locos. There was a knock at her door.

"I'm coming with you as well. I want to help, and I can't do anything in here. I'm also feeling a little cooped up." Nate spoke from the doorway. Harper knew she didn't have time to argue, she just hoped he would be helpful rather than hinder, especially due to the time sensitivity of the expedition. To be fair she was used to going alone, going as a group of three seemed to Harper like they were asking to get caught.