Kaiarahi

A friend may be waiting behind a stranger's face

Waking up in the morning had always been a task for Harper. The problem was the she was a night owl and rarely slept, so when she found herself in a comfortable in her environment all she wanted was to stay asleep.

Oli had always known this about his best friend, often concerned for the lack of rest she gave herself. So, he was immensely surprised to find her awake before him. Sitting up in bed reading a book. "Harps, you alright?".

Looking down at Oli, she still couldn't believe they had found each other. Beaming at him she replied, "Good-morning Oli, I have you back so I don't think I could feel any better than I do right now".

Oli beamed back but couldn't resist teasing her, "Wow, are you sick, since when were you sappy?"

"Hey, not funny," she protested, hitting him in response. Oli winced. Yep, he deserved that.

There was a knock at the door. "Hey Harper, Oli, sorry to interrupt," both them shook their heads at Amber with forgiving eyes, suggesting that it was alright and to continue, "the rest of us have been discussing what to do about the people in the cage and have decided they can't be trusted." Harper agreed.

"Anyway, I've got some food to give to them and propose an ultimatum to them, I was hoping you would come with, you seem calm yet firm and I may need the back-up" Amber queried.

She looked back at Oli not wanting to ruin the reunion. Giving her a nod Oli agreed, it was important for Harper to be a part of the big decisions she was always the best confrontation moderator he knew.

-------

Making there way towards that prisoners with some plates of food Amber spoke, "of course, you have a choice."

"What?" The girl with them interrupted. Harper could tell she was going to be the reason they agreed.

"We've been talking about what to do and we think the best thing would be to open the outside gate and let you back onto the streets" Amber proposed. Harper could see Lex looking from her to Amber, trying to gage the situation.

"No! Lex please say something," the girl with him pleaded.

He rolled his eyes and took a deep breath, gritting he's teeth almost as if it pained him, "What choice?"

"Ah, it can listen," Harper and Amber sharing a smirk as she commented.

Lex's glare intensified, switching is focus to Harper, "you in charge of these kids?" He spoke as the rest of the group made their way downstairs, the others looking at Harper in question of what's going on.