The fight 8.

I drank some of my sprite as I drove the car.

"Why would some stupid underground assassins target me?" Yelena asked after biting into her burger. I shrugged. I put the drink down in the cupholder. "And Wisconsin?" She asked with a disbelief tone. I smiled.

"I guess it's a good place to have something like that? I mean, I didn't expect it, you didn't expect it." I said shaking my head. She laughed.

"Yeah, I guess," She said looking out the window. I turned up the radio. A song with a decent beat started playing.

I tapped my thumb on the steering wheel to the beat. I glanced over at Yelena. She shifted slightly in her seat. I sensed her breathing picking up slightly. I looked over at her. Her throat moved as she swallowed.

"You okay?" I asked looking back at the road. She looked over at me. She looked anxious.

"M-Me? Yes, perfect" She said. I smiled slightly at her stutter.

"For a trained killer you are quite adorable when you lie, Yel," I said. She shifted in her seat again. I smiled. She cleared her throat.

"Thank you," She said. I nodded and smiled. I leaned back in my seat and steered with one hand. I drank from my sprite once more. I put it back down and sighed. We sat in silence for a couple of minutes.

"Why do you think there was only a couple of teams there?" Yelena said. I glanced at her.

"I don't think they expected you to be with a monster," I said honestly. She looked at me.

"You're not a monster," Yelena said with a serious tone. I didn't take my eyes off the road.

"In a way, yeah. I'm strong as hell, fast, all my senses have kicked up like 20 levels, not to mention my durability rate is off the charts." I said scratching my neck. Yelena sighed. She changed the radio station hoping for something more serious.

I smiled at the song. I moved my shoulders to the beat. I tapped my fingers on the steering wheel to the beat. Yelena sighed. She reluctantly moved her shoulder too. I smiled while looking over at her. I moved and turned down the radio slightly.

"I doubt there's only going to be a couple of people at these headquarters of theirs... Plus I don't think they're trained assassins, maybe just a couple of people trying to pay off their debts, I mean that guy was wearing a cotton vest." I said. Yelena chuckled. " I do know a place where we can grab something to re-fuel and prepare," I said looking at Yelena. She looked at me.

"Look at that. A is finally doing some of the work" Yelena said with a chuckle. I sarcastically laughed along with her.

"Remember when I took a bullet for you?" I asked looking at her. She hit me slightly. I smiled and looked back at the road.

*At Diamond headquarters*

Yelena and I walked side by side into a large building. It was one of those tall glass buildings. I angled my hat downward and put my arm around Yelena's shoulder as we walked past the front desk.

"He said to look for a sign with a diamond on it" I whispered to Yelena as I glanced around.

"yes, I remember," She said. I spotted a black sign with golden trails and a diamond on it.