Haven 9.

I carried Yelena out of the car and into the motel. I set her down on the bed. I sighed as I looked around. It was almost 10 pm. I walked out of the room and shut the door quietly. I walked toward the bar. I entered and looked around.

"Good evening," The bartender said. I looked at him.

" Can I get two bottles of vodka?" I said. He stared at me.

"There isn't anything stopping me, so I guess," He said bending down and grabbing two bottles of vodka. " That's a pretty nasty cut. You doing alright?" he asked looking at my hand as I grabbed the bottle.

" I will be," I said then turned and walked out of the bar. I saw a fire emergency kit on the side of the building. I walked over to it and opened it. I grabbed the medkit out from it.

I sighed as I opened the door to the room. Yelena was sitting up on the bed. She looked drowsy and alarmed.

"You're fine," I said muffled. I had the door key in my mouth. She stared at me. I put the vodka bottles down. I winced at the pain in my hand.

"What happen to your hand?" She asked getting up. I walked into the bathroom. It was tiny. "Where are we?" She asked. I slowly peeled the clothing off of my hand.

" I cut my hand saving you, and we're in Ohio," I said. I took off my belt and put it in my mouth. I opened the vodka and started pouring it on my hand.

"Why are we in Ohio?" She asked. I groaned. I pulled the belt out of my mouth and breathed heavily. Yelena grabbed the medkit and pulled out the bandages. "Let me," She said. She grabbed my arm and led me to the bed. I sat down as she started bandaging my hand.

"When you were drunk, you mentioned wanting to go to Ohio. I didn't know where else to go so here we are" I said wincing slightly.

"What happened to your hand?" She asked not looking away from my hand as she wrapped it.

"They tried to take you, I stopped them, they broke the helicopter we were escaping on, and before it crashed into the building I jumped and grabbed onto a metal wire. It burned my hand. And then I stole a car, and here we are" I said. She looked up at me as she finished bandaging my hand. She kept her hand resting on mine.

"You stopped them?" She asked. I looked at her.

"Why would I let them take my only friend?" I asked. She smiled sadly at me.

"We're friends?" She asked. I stared at her. Her eyes raised causing us to maintain eye contact.

" I would hope so," I said not moving my hand from her touch. Her eyes flicked down to my lips. I couldn't stop myself from glancing down at hers. She started leaning toward me slowly. I did the same. My breathing picked up as we were inches apart. A knock at the door started us apart. I sighed. I stood up and walked toward the door. I looked out the sight hole.

There was a bag sitting there. I looked back at Yelena. She looked cautious. I sighed. I grabbed a knife that was on the table. I opened the door slowly and bent down to the bag. There was a note on it.

"I noticed you had some blood on your clothes. Here are some new ones for you and your friend. ;) Your friend, the bartender" I looked around before picking up the bag. I opened it carefully. There were clothes inside of it. I sighed.

"What is it?" Yelena asked standing up slowly.

"Clothes" I answered quickly. Yelena walked over to me. We searched through the bag. "Pajamas, and a couple of other outfits," I said.

" I could use a change of clothes," Yelena said taking the bag. I nodded and scratched my neck. " Though, I doubt either of us will be able to change in that bathroom," Yelena said. I looked at her.

" I won't look if you don't," I said smiling. She smiled back. She threw some clothes at me. I caught them and turned around.

*Yelena pov*

I pulled off my shirt and put on the large black one that was in the bag. It had a band name on it. I slightly glanced at Alyx as she changed. Her back muscles were so toned. She grabbed a shirt and put it on. I turned back and put on the shorts.

"You done?" Alyx asked. I cleared my throat.

"yes," I said. I turned around. She turned around as well. We stared at each other. Her outfit was the same as mine just a brown shirt instead of black. I leaned down and got onto the bed. She did the same. We both laid down and stared at each other.

I caught myself staring at Alyx. I cleared my throat and looked down. "Can I tell you something?" She asked. I looked up at her.

"Shoot," I said. She smiled. Her eyes glistened in the yellow light.

" I don't know what this feeling is... It's new. I haven't felt it before. But I like it, and I want it to stay. And- And I think the only way it's going to stay is if you stay. So, before you say anything or leave I just wanted to let you know that I would do it, push a button, pull the trigger, move a mountain, jump off a cliff, 'cause I think I love you" She said. I stared at her. I processed everything she just said. She stared at me with fearful eyes.

"Would you really move a mountain for me?" I asked. I could see her freeze. I doubt that was what she was expecting.

"Quite literally," She said. I smiled. I leaned forward and kissed her slowly. After a minute I pulled away from her and smiled. She smiled back. Her eyes were glossy.

" I love you too," I said. She smiled.