Chapter 31

4 Years Later:

Costello's Perspective:

"No no no no Dada." I pinch the bridge of my nose, trying to keep my composure while feeding my fussy one year old daughter Violet. Almost no other day does she cause a commotion during breakfast, but today she's giving me a tough time, and keeps saying no, since it's her new favourite word.

I look at Violet with an expression of frustration. I try  to feed her the blueberry purée again, but she says "No no no." And starts shaking her head rapidly.

I look into her green eyes "Violet, don't you want to go to the park, you can't go if you don't eat." Violet looks at me with raised eye brows and opens her mouth wide, for the baby spoon. I give her the last spoonful of her little bowl.

I get up, put the little bowl and spoon in the dishwasher, then get two cloths, wet them with warm water and wipe Violets face and hands clean, as she pseudo cries. I throw the cloths in a laundry basket we have in the kitchen. Then I take violet out of the high chair, and walk with her, to her room.

I take her to her closet, and ask her "What do you wanna wear to your Uncles Sebastian's wedding ?" She looks outside the window as if she has something urgent to do outside. I get her attention with my snaps, and point to the dresses and onesies in her closet.

I choose a bear onesie for her since it's October, and she'll get a cold outside if she wears a dress. I put her on the bed, and change her diaper quickly. She fusses annoyingly, then as I'm getting the onesie on, she keeps pulling her legs away from me.

I'm about to raise my voice at her, when she smiles and giggles, like it's funny annoying me. I start laughing too "Violet you're such a silly goose." She shakes her head like an adult, as if I said something really funny.

I finally get her in the suit, and sit her up in bed.

She starts pulling at this fuzzy white blanket she has

She starts pulling at this fuzzy white blanket she has. I'm about to pick her up, when I hear Madeline's footsteps. I turn around to have my breath taken away from me. Maddie's chosen to wear a sparkly blue-ish purple, and white dress, that's a little lower then knee length for Sebastian's wedding. She has her hair up in a loose look. With her curls perfectly framing her face elegantly.

She has light red lipstick on

She has light red lipstick on. And she's done bronze eye shadow on her eye lids. She looks like a real life walking dream. She looks up at me with her sparking brown eyes "What? What are you looking at?" I smile gratefully "At you. I'm so lucky."

Maddie smiles modestly "I didn't even have a nice body before I had Violet, so now I'm just completely sub-par." I shake my head at Madeline "You're crazy, you have a stunning body."

Maddie pushes my chest with her hand lovingly "Well your opinion is biased, you're fated to me. I'm sure if i asked any other guy, they'd say what I'm saying." I look at Maddie irritated "I have no interest in you asking any man that question."

Maddie laughs "Well now I definitely will." Then she looks at Violet "Oh myyyyy god. Look at you, you're a little cub." Violet squeals at Maddie cutely. Maddie looks toward me "This is exactly what I wanted her to wear."

I look at Maddie worried "You're not actually gonna ask that question right?" Maddie looks at me mischievously "Costello you're not even dressed yet. The Wedding starts in half an hour. You're the Best Man. Go."

I look at Madeline "Stop avoiding my question." She huffs "If I want I will. If I don't want, I won't." I take a deep breath "Madeline don't, cause then they're gonna tell you to spin or something, and they're gonna look at you closely, like you know I hate that."

Maddie laughs, and is about to bend down to pick up Violet when I grab her abruptly  and bring her close to my chest "Hey." Madeline's about to say something sassy when Violet suddenly says "HEY!"

Me and Maddie look at Violet in shock, then start laughing hard. Violet laughs with us too, which makes the situation funnier.

Maddie picks her up, and kisses her cheek. I'm going to the car, get dressed quick Coco." She rushes out quick before I can grab her and tease her.

I dress in a simple blue suit. And quickly get to the car. Our driver is driving today. As soon as I get in the car Madeline passes Violet to me "Here take our beloved daughter. She's wrinkling my dress."

 I laugh, as I take Violet

I laugh, as I take Violet. Violet seems to be in an extra good mood at the moment. I ask Maddie "What did you get Sebastian and Ari?" Madeline looks out the window "A Bracelet for Ari, A Watch For Sebastian."

I say "Hmmh, and what are you giving me tonight?" Madeline looks at me with a fake smile "Full responsibility of waking up, whenever Violet does." I frown at Maddie's lack of mischievousness."

"Oh come on you grouch. Why don't you play with me anymore?" Maddie takes a deep breath "It's different once you're a parent." I shrug my shoulders. She looks at me meanly.

Violet suddenly says 'HEY!" as she points to the trees outside. Me and Madeline start laughing hysterically. She looks towards me with adoration, and puts her hand on my face.

"I've given you my whole life." I look at Madeline romantically "I know. Plus Violet." Violet suddenly says "Dada Hey!" Maddie cracks up again "I love you Costello" I put my hand on her thigh. I pretend like I'm shocked "Really?" She shakes her head "No, I'm just lying."

We look into each other's eyes before I say "I love you more." I'm about to smother my lips against Madeline's when Violet says "Mama Hey!"

Authors Note: Thank you to all my readers who took a chance on this story, and a bigger thank you to everyone who read it from beginning to end. This Writer's gratitude is truly endless