Chapter 7

Upon receiving Ren’s text of approval from their sempais, the rest of Starish regrouped as followed: Natsuki, Tokiya, Masato, and Syo, Cecil. Obviously the small blonde wasn’t amused having Cecil as a pair – it was bad enough that he took the prince’s form – but Syo had no choice, thanks to Tokiya and Masato’s logic.

Also, he couldn’t take the sight of Natsuki hugging his person any longer. It was a whole new level of weird for Syo.

With a sigh, the blonde closed his eyes and plopped down the bed. He was stressed out by the situation. In addition, he had to do ALL of Cecil’s work (which were pretty easy by the way – everything’s just too foreign for Cecil).

‘I hope everything goes back to normal soon.’ Syo thought. He missed his person and everything about him especially his ability to look damn great in a fedora.

Okay and he kind of missed staying in the same room as Natsuki and Ai even though those two were, more often than not, the cause of his stomach-wise or schedule-wise suffering.

“Oi Cecil,” the munchkin began without opening his eyes. “Can’t you do anything to turn us back to normal? Y’know, like do that weird circle dance or something.”

Syo expected the younger to spout stuff about the muses and all, but no reply came. Curious as to what made his companion silent, Syo got up and approached the study table where Cecil was.

‘Oh.’ He thought as he caught a glimpse of the prince’s sleeping form. ‘He fell asleep from looking at magazines? Geez.’

The violinist decided to head to a practice room but not before draping a blanket over the peacefully snoozing prince.

~

Elsewhere, Natsuki, Masato, and Tokiya were huddled in a secluded corner of the library. They wanted to use either Natsuki’s or Tokiya’s room, but their sempais were there and they seemed to be acting even stranger. The trio decided that perhaps the library could be the best place for them.

“You think he choked him?” Masato asked, referring to Syo and Cecil.

“Nah. I don’t think so.” Tokiya replied.

Apparently, the trio’s getting-to-know-you-better/how-to-be-like-you activity composed of them reading a book of their own liking. Masato was reading a history book, Tokiya was engulfed in some novel, and Natsuki was happily viewing the contents of a cookbook. They weren’t sure how this was supposed to help, but boy were they relaxed!

“Syo-chan’s too cute to do something like that!” Natsuki chimed in. “He wouldn’t do such a thing!”

“Shinomiya-san, why do you keep calling Kurusu ‘cute’? Doesn’t he dislike that kind of description?” Masato asked without looking at the other. Eye contact would only make Natsuki want to hug him and not in a comfortable way either.

“Eh? But it’s only true!” Natsuki insisted.

“He detests being called cute and other words similar to that.” Tokiya bluntly stated as he flipped to the next page of the novel. It was a universal fact that Syo’s of a….smaller stature compared to the rest of them but he was nevertheless a man, and those kinds of comments could pretty much eat up his pride and dignity.

“I’m only saying what’s real. Why does everyone keep on dodging the truth?”

It was an innocent question raised by Natsuki. It wasn’t his intention to pull any heartstrings but apparently he did, for Tokiya and Masato became quieter than usual and the atmosphere became tense (not that the happy-go-lucky blonde knew the meaning). The most rational members of Starish were drowned in their own thoughts, completely unaware of Natsuki’s ramblings.