𓊈卍 𝟐𝟑 卍𓊉

Nakano keeps her gaze forward, as she, Takemichi and Naoto walk down a dull looking hallway. Her fists are clenched tightly as she tries to relieve some tension.

Her brother looks around anxiously, before his eyes land on her. "I can't believe... Draken-kun is on death row for murder... That doesn't sound like him at all!"

"Thank you for helping me. But you shouldn't have to take the fall."

Nakano hides her frown and the glint of guilt in her auburn eyes. She can believe it. She saw what he did, and she even helped him. She doesn't even know why she helped him, or how she even came to work with him in the first place.

What drove him? Was it her? Toman maybe?

"I discovered that Ryuguji Ken isn't a part of Toman in the present, but I still couldn't find any record of him until you told me this information. How did you get it?"

"We'll discuss this later," Nakano says coldly as they turn down another hallway. "Here is not a good place to bring this up."

They stop at a door, and Naoto opens it. The twins step inside first before he shuts it behind them. Takemichi takes a seat on a chair in front of a wall of reinforced glass, while Nakano stands just behind him. Naoto stays at the back of the small room.

The door suddenly opens, as muffled footsteps enter the room opposite of them. Nakano sees her twin's eyes widen, but she remains blank despite the atmosphere of the moment weighing her down.

A figure sits before them, and Nakano can barely bring herself to look him in the eyes. His head is shaved, and she can only think of one reason why. His brains are going to get fried.

"Long time no see, Takemitchy."

Nakano forces herself to look at him, and the wave of guilt once again crashes upon her. He wears a weak smile as he faces the both of them, despite his fate.

"And Nakano... Why the hell are you still in Japan? Alive?"

'Wait, what?'

Her auburn eyes stare blankly at the bald man before her, masking her confusion. Why would she leave Japan? Why is he so surprised that she's still alive?

"We're not here to talk about me," she says, trying to change the subject. "Tachibana Naoto set up this visit for us because we need answers."

"... I see." Draken stares back, quick to agree to tell them what he knows. "After what you did for me, I'll tell you what you want to know. So, what is it then?"

Her brother glances back at her, but she avoids her gaze so they don't end up starting a different conversation. He can ask her whatever he wants to know later.

Takemichi turns back to Draken. "I... Never thought you'd get put on death row for killing people. What happened to you? Why would you murder someone, Draken-kun? And what the hell happened to Toman?"

"Takemitchy..." Draken hangs his head. "I don't regret what I did. Being here is just what I deserve. Toman ended up like this... Because of me."

Nakano raises a brow behind her feathered bangs. Why he'd blame himself, she hadn't the slightest clue. But then again, he was the one who'd be able to tame Manjiro. Did he leave him? If so, why?

"Because I didn't kill that one guy..."

"Draken-kun."

Nakano blinks once as that memory flashes in her mind. The shadowy figure that entered the room with Draken right after she left.