Chapter 6 - Reality or Fantasy

~Lucy’s POV~

As we kiss, it feels so right, like I’m meant to be with Josh forever and it feels like Heaven – nothing else matters.

"What wrong? Doesn't your husband love you enough to kiss you in public?" Josh says rudely which brings me back to reality.

Oh no, I kissed a boy, a human boy.

“I have to go,” I say before I race away from him and hurry back to my car.

I don’t even care that Emma is still inside; I start my engine and speed to the portal before I head home.

I hurry to my bedroom, knocking over a fairy maid with a tray of food for my mother.

I don’t even stop to help her.

When I get to my room, I slam the door closed and slide down it, putting my head in my hands and I take in what I’d just done.

What am I going to do? I can’t see him again, I can’t, it’s too dangerous.

But had I really heard him say he loves me? Okay he hadn’t said it out loud but I swear he indicated it by what he’d said to that woman.

‘Doesn't your husband love you enough to kiss you in public?'

He must love me alot if he kissed me in public.

My communicator buzzes and I answer it.

“Thanks alot for ditching me,” Emma says.

“I’m sorry, Josh kissed me and I came to my senses.”

“A boy kissed you?” I hear a voice and look up to see my sister Joyce across the room and I gasp.

“Emma, I gotta go,” I say before I hang up.

“Joyce, what are you doing in my room?”

“Did you kiss him back?”

“Get out of my room, Joyce,” I scream as I stand and open the door.

“I’m telling mother and father.”

I jump in front of the door to stop her leaving.

“Please don’t say anything.”

“What will you give me?”

I think for a moment.

“What do you want?”

“Your ring.”

The only ring I wear is my engagement ring but I take it off at human school.

“You can’t have my ring; I’m supposed to wear it all the time.”

“Mother, father,” she shouts.

“Okay, fine,” I say as I take my ring out of my bag.

“Why is it in your bag?”

“I take it off in human school so it doesn’t get lost and I forgot to put it back on when I got home.”

I hand over the ring.

“So you won’t say anything?”

She zips her mouth, locks it and holds out the pretend key which I take.

I move away from the door and allow her to leave.

Now there’s no way I can see Josh again, not now Joyce knows my little secret.