Chapter 11: Mystery Princess? (Not Really)

_________________________

She wanted to say a lot more-there was so much she wanted to tell him. But the words wouldn't come out.

'They don't need to,' his eyes seemed to be telling her. 'We have more than enough time.'
_________________________

LADY Tremaine was not having a good time.

Considering that she had two very beautiful daughters-both of whom had a decent chance to ensnare the prince-she should have had been having the time of her life. But here she was, barely hanging onto the edge of her sanity.

Why, one may ask?

Because one of the troublesome twins was experiencing a sudden attack from pathological shyness, going as far as hiding her face with a veil while the other was gaping at the newest entry to the ball, her eyes wide as they could be and jaw hanging down.

Thinking about the newcomer, she felt her anger rising. That darn girl with the much too exquisite attire! She was the only chink in her perfect plan.

Lady Tremaine watched as the girl walked towards the prince, the light from the chandeliers reflecting off her shoes, making them shine brilliantly-were those made of diamonds?!

"Hah," she scoffed to herself. No matter how radiant her daughters were, they couldn't compare to the mystery princess, who was the definition of eye-catching.

And with the way they were acting tonight, it would be hard enough to attract any rich man, much less the prince!

She swallowed her bitter feelings down and smiled at the men in front of her, whose eyes she managed to catch.

Putting a hard hand on Jennie's shoulder to snap her back to reality and pulling fake-Y/N-real-Ella beside her, she greeted them.

"Gentlemen, may I introduce my daughters, Jennie and Y/N?"

The gentleman smiled at the two before bowing, which the ladies returned with feeble curves of their lips and courtesies.

Whispering a command to smile in their ears, she pushed them towards the pair and curtsied before walking away.

If the prince was a hopeless case, so be it. She wasn't going to go home empty-handed.

* * * * *

To say that she was shocked would be an understatement.

Jennie was flabbergasted.

If the appearance of the "mystery princess" wasn't cutting it, finding out it was her twin sister-might she add the one she had left at home not an hour ago-was enough to give her an aneurysm.

However, killing her sister for her insanity would have to wait. For now, she had to, ironically, prevent her end at the hands of their mother.

Moreover, her curiosity would not allow her to be left in the dark. She needed to know just how Y/N got those way-too-expensive-looking items.

She simply hoped it was nothing dangerous-or no direly stupid actions were performed by the ravenette.

Jennie watched Y/N walk down the staircase, ever so oblivious to the mayhem her presence had caused.

"Typical," she mused, rolling her eyes as the girl gingerly stepped onto the ballroom floor and started scanning the room.

Is she looking for Ella and me?