Chapter 1: This is Hell

Play the song when you see the emoticon🎶
_______________________________________

Y/N

The sun's rays had begun to spread a soft blanket of light on the sky. We had all woken up early to bid Father, well step-father, a farewell. He had just left and Ella was already sniffling. I felt bad for her.

It must be really awful.

Apparently, it hadn't been long since he had returned from his last trip. I wanted to cheer her up as she had been nothing but nice to me, since the moment I came to but I felt like what she needed right now was some space, not attention from people who she wasn't comfortable with, and especially not me, who had amnesia and thus, couldn't remember anything.

Also, from the way that Jennie and mother acted, it didn't seem as if Ella and I were close at all. So, it could be really awkward for her.

Since I couldn't do anything, I just went to my room. As I entered, I saw Jennie sitting on her bed, deep in thought. As soon as she felt my presence, she gave me a supposed-to-be-intimidating stare down. Thinking about it, she did that very often.

I just ignored it and walked toward my part of the room nonchalantly. The nonchalance wore off as soon as I saw it: An entire wardrobe spewed across the floor.

And since it was not there at the break of dawn, when I woke up, this was definitely Jennie's doing. I suddenly turned to her and glared at her. She was surprised but shook it off, just giving me a snooty stare.

Ugh! Why couldn't I be blessed with a normal sister!? Aren't twins supposed to be close? She's always glaring at me as if I kicked her puppy or something. But we don't even have one! Why does she have a problem with me and if she does, why can't she just ignore me!

Shaking away those thoughts, I just decided to take the chance and clear up my wardrobe. That way, I would also get to know the kind of outfits I had.

With that in mind, I collected all the garments spread out on the floor and dumped them in front of the wardrobe. Then I picked each item to fold it properly and keep it back.

Okay, that girl had an awfully different taste in fashion than me. There isn't one thing that I would want from this closet!

Wow, what a great day! I sarcastically rolled my eyes.

"Jennie, I remember you saying that this dress is yours and those gloves too. You can have them back. In fact, you can have anything you want from this pile," I said, motioning to the large pile of clothes, which consisted of more than half my wardrobe. Then, I picked a few outfits that were not in the reject pile and walked out of the room to find Ella. Maybe she could help me transform them into something I'd like.

* * * * *

"Since Y/N has lost her memory, it is difficult for her to share a room with Jennie. But the poor, dear child doesn't complain," I heard Mother say.

I was passing by the living room, on my way to find Ella with the pile of clothes in my hand. Since I was the subject of the conversation, curiosity took over me and I stopped and peeked into the room.

Mother and Ella were sitting side by side on the settee, and Ella had obviously been crying. But that's not the point, just what was mother trying to do?

I got the answer quicker than I expected and I was not happy.

"She could take my room instead," Ella said.

"Oh my, such a good girl, aren't you dear," mother said.

Okay, this smells fishy.

But Ella just smiled.