Chapter 3: His Highness (1)

______________________________

How long can I keep this up?
______________________________

JIMIN

Ever since Y/N had lost her memories, she had changed a lot. Drastically.

Jimin had never been close to anyone in his family except his father. And when he passed away, it felt as if his world was crumbling.

Not to mention his mother and sisters were very...eccentric, to say the least.

He accepted them as a part of his responsibilities and used his work to distract himself from the loneliness he felt after his father's passing.

But then, his mother decided to marry another man, just so they could still live comfortably.

He couldn't complain—that would be selfish considering how their mother was thinking of the three children.

The real troubles began when his twin sisters got to know that the man had another daughter.

He couldn't understand why, but they began to hate and look down on her before even meeting her. And when they finally met, they were simply awful to her.

But a few weeks later, one of the twins lost her memory and it was as if she had transformed into a different person, one that he began to like spending time with. She also befriended their kind step-sister, and for the first time since his father's death, Jimin felt like he had a family.

But life was tired of seeing them happy, or that's what he thought when their stepfather also passed away. Jimin was worried about Ella for she had lost her only family left, but Y/N made the grief more bearable. He saw how the light returned to Ella's eyes because of Y/N.

His mother bought expensive fashionable mourning dresses for them but refused to buy one for Ella. Y/N gave Ella her dress and instead, wore a black ribbon in her hair along with her plainest clothes.

He might come off as insensitive, but he was glad that she lost her memories, glad to have the person that she was now, and he knew that Ella felt the same.

She was the only one in the house who genuinely cared about them. His mother had always just cared for his sisters and now would only be seeing profit and loss, while Jennie had too many troubles of her own, to even be able to see theirs.

But at mealtimes, when everyone gathered together to eat, he could see Y/N's tiredness. She hated those uncomfortable repasts, something which he was used to.

Ella was someone who adjusted quickly, while Jennie would often be too lost in her thoughts to even pay an ounce of attention to her surroundings.

She, too, had changed.

After Y/N lost her memories, Jennie didn't remain as before either. She lost all the spite and meanness and just became a cold, stony wall: difficult to break through; impossible to climb.

The only person she would talk to was their mother, who didn't like the change in Y/N at all and had almost given up on talking to her, though still cared about her well-being.

Jimin could understand why.

Y/N had been on the opposite side and would be giving up absolutely anything if Ella appeared to be in the slightest discomfort.