Chapter 18

Chapter 18: Emblem

Trovie Cole's Point of View

It was break time. I headed to the cafeteria.

"Tita Delphie, okay na ho ba 'yung mga pagkain?" nakangiting tanong ko sa isa sa mga cook ng Ramos University. 

Mula noong tinayo itong university until now, nandito pa rin siya. She is a really good cook with such great attitude as well. She treats all RU-Stus as her children, and close with almost everyone. Especially us.

"Troby! Ay naku, napakagwapo mo talaga, hijo!" smiling, she complimented me. "Malapit na matapos, anak." 

Tita Delphie's smile is so contagious. Abot hanggang sa kanyang mga mata ang ngiti niya. Bakas na bakas ang Pilipinong kutis sa kanyang may katabaang katawan.

"Thank you, Tita Delphie." 

I think her age's around fifty. We got used to calling her Tita as she would prefer it than Lola or anything else. She's also actually blood-related to Mama Shi, our cook din sa mansion. 

She just nodded with a smile still plastered on her face. I had to go back to our room kaya nagpaalam na muna ako.

But my fucking phone rang.

Shit!

*I love you, you love me, we're a happy—*

I immediately answered the call to put an end to my embarrassing ringtone. I then moved my gaze around to see if anyone saw or heard me but, luckily there wasn't any. I was almost at the cafeteria's exit.

"Yeah?" Hindi ko na natignan kung sino ang tumawag.

[Ran—]

"This is Trovie," I corrected the caller, giving emphasis to my handsome and unique name.

[S-Sorry. Sige mamaya na lang po,]

"Sure." Call ended.

I slid my phone back in my pocket and went back to our classroom. Our target is to get our project done, three days before its maturity date. 

"Coooole, babe!" With brows furrowed, I looked at the person who called my name in a slightly irksome tone.

But when I saw her, I immediately unforrowed it and smiled. 

"Ella," she approached me sooner than I expected.

"I saw you walking out from the cafeteria so... kumain ka na ba?" Mikaella questioned as she clung her arms on mine.

I tried my best not to look at it with disgust. I don't know if I did it successfully though. I let out an awkward chuckle instead. Tss.

"Not... yet. I still have errands to do, uh, Ella." 

Her soft-angled eyebrows raised a bit. Buti na lang din at binitawan na niya ako. "How about you?" tanong ko na lang.

She smiled. "Hindi pa. I'm planning to make sabay with you sana, eh. Kaso busy ka pa yata. Pero okay lang! I am willing to wait." and she smiled more widely.

Ah, this girl.

"Mikaella, I have to go now. I highly suggest that you should also take your lunch now 'cause my sched is quite tight, hindi kita masasabayan kumain gaya ng nais mong gawin. If you're going to wait for me, you'll surely starve yourself, and that's not good for your health." I reminded her while looking straight into her upturned brown eyes.

She blinked thrice, as if she was shocked or maybe, embarrassed. 

But Ella immediately got back to her senses and placed her lovely smile on her face. "Well... alright. Tomorrow na lang, what do you think?"