08

Sana

Sana

All I can do now is lying down on my bed and cry. I was crying since I got home this afternoon until now.

I just can't believe I was laid off from my work-my first ever work. And God knows how much I love and how passionate I am about my job.

Teaching kids is my first love. I got that inspiration from my mom who taught me to love this career, hence I choose to do the same after graduating college. I can still remember how happy I was when I got this job right after I finished my degree. I dedicated my whole life to this. I never missed any days of work and even never came late at work. I just can't believe after all the sacrifices and dedication I gave, I would end up losing the job that I love.

"Sana-ya!!"

I heard Nayeon shouted outside the room as she opened the main door. I texted her about what happened and she rushed back home. I lifted my head when I heard the bedroom door burst to open and Nayeon gave me a worried look. Without any words, she ran and wrap her arms around me which I return immediately. I buried my face on her shoulder and sobbed like there's no tomorrow. She rubbed my back to hush me down but I can't stop crying.
I never knew getting fired from work would feel this way. Or am I feeling overwhelmed with my career and personal problem?

I'm having mixed heavy emotions by getting fired at work. Like I'm worthless, that I'm a huge failure. That is why maybe Chang Kyun cheated on me. Cause I'm pathetic.

I know I shouldn't think of these things to myself but I can't help it. I'm overwhelmed with my feelings right now.

After feeling like forever, I finally calmed down. I let go of the hug and wiped away the remaining tears in my eyes. Nayeon gave me a closed-lip smile but I glimpsed a hint of sadness in her eyes.

"Do you want to talk about it? I'm all ears for you." Nayeon started with her soft gaze as if she's telling me that she won't judge me. This is what I love about my best friend, she won't force me to talk about my problem unless I am the one initiating it.

She listened to me intently when I told her about everything-about my student Ji-ah and how I break the school rules.

"I know this is so hard for you, Sana. But I know you will get through this and you'll find new opportunities. Remember, if one door closes, another one opens. I'm sure there's a bigger opportunity waiting for you." She gave me her comforting smile which I return with a faint one and a nod.

Nayeon never fails to comfort me with her words. She's like a big sister I never had and I am grateful I have her in my life.

"Cheer up, okay? Everything will be all right." She said with glee. Nayeon's right, there's maybe a reason why this has to happen.

"Yeah, you're right." And I nodded with a wider smile this time.

She reflected my smile with her bunny one.
I know she's mentally dancing cause she successfully made me smile.