Meeting Her Dad Again

One night, Boyfriend looked at Girlfriend as she was writing something in her ancient demon language onto a piece of paper. 

"What are you writing?" Boyfriend asked.

"Just a grimoire for perception blocking and such. I'm thinking of teaching it to Cassandra and Carol." Girlfriend replied.

"Interesting." Boyfriend said, staring at the grimoire.

The next morning, he noticed something strange at work; he saw the same writing from the previous night on his computer and called his boss. 

"Yes?"

"I was just wondering... Why do the lines of magic spells and the lines of code in the programming language we developed..."

"Resemble each other?" 

"Yes."

"Simple. It was developed by us mages."

"Really?"

"Yes. Are you interested in this side of things? If so, then you probably want to know at this point."

"Know what?"

"Know why Girlfriend came to our world."

Boyfriend was shocked as to why his boss knew of this. Then again, he had just revealed that he was a mage seconds ago.

"I could hear that from Girlfriend herself." Boyfriend replied.

"Then, how about the experiences of her family?" 

"Huh?" Boyfriend's boss hung up. He guessed his boss wanted him to report to his office, and he went there. As he opened the door and walked into the room, he was surprised to see Girlfriend's father there with his boss. Bared sharp teeth, purple skin, intimidating presence and all. He turned to Boyfriend, causing Boyfriend to shiver. He nervously walked into the room and sat in the chair across from his girlfriend's father. "Girlfriend's father... It's been a while..." Boyfriend greeted him.

"Just call me the emperor of malice." Her father demanded. Boyfriend nodded.

"Um, why are you here?" He asked.

Daddy Dearest, (or "The Emperor of Malice," as he is referred to in the demon realm), turned to Boyfriend's boss.

"I am friends with this man. He was telling me about how Girlfriend's been doing." He turned back to Boyfriend, giving him a look that would make any man shake in his boots, run, or cry. (Boyfriend didn't do any of those things.) "If you've come to this room, that means you're here to ask something, right?" He asked.

"Yeah. I'm sure I'd here it from Girlfriend if I asked, though..." Boyfriend replied. Daddy Dearest nodded.

"The battle was never-ending. The reason we fought was to defeat the gods and restore the world to a state without any conductors." He began to explain. "This war lasted even when Girlfriend was born. When she was old enough, she wanted to fight, too. She stormed the god's camp all alone, and got deeply wounded. Girlfriend then escaped into this world and got discovered by you a few days later." Boyfriend nodded. "You know, I was surprised. I never imagined such strong bonds could form between demons and humans." Daddy Dearest admitted.

"You don't have to answer, but- did she have a reason for wanting to fight?" Boyfriend asked. Daddy Dearest looked out the window.

"She wanted the battle to end more than anyone. 'If I defeat the gods, the fighting will stop.' she probably thought." He explained. He then opened a portal back to the demon realm. "You'll have to ask her herself for her feelings in detail." He turned around one more time to look at Boyfriend. "Make sure you take proper care of Girlfriend until your lifespan runs out." Daddy Dearest said before leaving abruptly.

"Of course!" Boyfriend replied. When he got home and Girlfriend greeted him, Boyfriend tightly hugged her. He nuzzled her neck.

"What's wrong?" She asked.

"It's nothing. Today at work, I saw... Someone." Boyfriend replied. After they had dinner, Girlfriend noticed something was up as they went to bed. 

"Boyfriend? Is there something you need to get off your chest?" She asked.

"I was just wondering... How did you feel when you first came here..? Uh-you don't have to answer if it makes you uncomfortable..." He asked.

"I was scared. Being alone in an entire different realm was frightening to me. I didn't have a home, or anyone to go to. That's why I've been so grateful towards you since day one." Girlfriend explained.

"I see..." Boyfriend replied. He placed his hand on her head and kissed her on the forehead. Girlfriend smiled and held him close.