The Festival

"Good morning, Boyfriend," Girlfriend greeted as Boyfriend emerged from his bedroom.

"Mornin', babe." He replied. He sat down with her at the table for breakfast.

"There's going to be a festival near us in a few days. Carol told me she was going with Whitty, and Cassandra asked if I wanted to go with her," Girlfriend told him. "What do you say?" 

"A festival, huh?" Boyfriend asked. "I can hardly remember the last time I went to one of those..." Boyfriend's eyes wandered to the clock. "Shoot, I'm almost late!" He stood up from his chair, kissed Girlfriend on the forehead and ran out the door, suitcase in hand.

"Great. Why does that always happen when there's something I have to ask him?" Girlfriend complained.

After Work

"I never did answer her question... I guess I will go," He thought. Boyfriend looked around him. "Heh. There's posters and decorations for it practically everywhere." He got home.

"Welcome back, babe!" Girlfriend greeted.

"Hey. Do you know what time the festival starts?" Boyfriend asked.

"I think at 8:00. I'll ask Carol if she wants to meet us there," Girlfriend said. She kissed Boyfriend on the cheek and went to call Carol.

The Day of the Festival

Boyfriend smiled and blushed as Girlfriend stared in awe at all the color and liveliness around her.

"I take it your world didn't have festivals? Or were they different from this?" He asked. 

"Actually, they were," Girlfriend replied. "Our festivals were held to celebrate the gods." 

"Interesting."

Boyfriend, Girlfriend, Whitty, and Carol walked around to explore for a while, played some games, got on a few rides, and then sat down to eat. When everyone was done, Whitty and Carol engaged in conversation and Boyfriend stood up.

"Do you wanna just walk around a bit?" He asked Girlfriend. She smiled.

"Sure," she said, taking his hand. They walked in silence, admiring the bright scenery around them. 

"How do you feel about humans?" Boyfriend suddenly asked. Girlfriend looked at him and then looked up at the night sky.

"Hm... Well, yes. All of you are interesting creatures," she began. "Though demons and other beings from my world are stronger, immortal, and invincible against basically anything, you guys are still..." She paused, and then looked back at Boyfriend. "I like them," she then said.

"I see..." Boyfriend mumbled. Girlfriend giggled and then got in front of him so they were face to face. 

"I feel completely different about you, though, Boyfriend. Because you're different," she stated.  After she said this, Boyfriend felt something in his heart; it was so strong, he couldn't tell what it was. "I love you," she spoke. Just as she spoke those words, a firework went off right behind her. "For now and forevermore."  (*This is dialogue from Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid, so I apologize to anyone, including me, who thinks it's corny). Boyfriend placed his hand on her chin and kissed her forehead. They sat down to watch the firework show in silence, Boyfriend's arm firmly around Girlfriend. He never wanted to let go.