Steve's POV

After I take out the guards in the control room I hurry down to the cells. I unlock the door and come in. I click the button that unlocks the doors. Sam turns and smiles at me.

"Took you long enough."

"Ah well sorry, I'll make it up to you."

"Steve!" Clint calls, "Get to Wanda! She's dying, her electric collar is set to high!" I run to her cell and see her lying on the floor in a fetal position. She's in a straight jacket and an electric collar. I can't tell if she's breathing. I can't get the door to unlock. I take the door by the hinges and rip it off. I pick her frail body up. Oh Lord, she's even more frail than she was. I turn over to Clint as I stand.

"Has she eaten anything at all?"

"I don't think so, if she has not much. They have had her collar up to high. She couldn't move without it shocking her. When they take her out of the cells for interrogation, it's just as bad if not worse. They would beat her. When we wouldn't cooperate, they would take her and beat her right in front of us. Or they'd turn her collar up too high. They'd make her scream for hours."

Red-hot anger pours through me. Wanda, she didn't deserve this. All she's tried to do ever since becoming an Avenger was redeem herself for past mistakes. I rip off her collar and feel her wrist for a pulse. I can't feel one. I try her neck and there's a faint one.

"Wanda! Wake up! Come on stay with me!" She stirs and mumbles,

"What? Am I dead?" Clint and I both sigh in relief.

"No Wanda, Your safe. They don't have you anymore." I have you I'm not letting you go. I look at everyone and announce,

"I'm going to carry her out. Nat will have stuff on the jet for her." We head out to the platform where Nat is waiting in her jet.

"What happened to her?" She sounds quite alarmed.

"Long story. Clint can fill you in. All I know is I'm going to have words with Ross next time I see him." She mumbles something unintelligible in Russian under her breath.

"Set her down over here. Sam! You know how to fly right?" He nods.

"Good. You can get us out of here." Nat turns back to me, "Steve you can put her down now." Oh right. I carefully set her down and watch her inhale and exhale.