6. SELF-WORTH

There's something called fate, and people say fate can't be changed. It is said that it will control your life more than you control it, and it is said that it can change by your own will. But as in control, and in the meaning of control, we don't have control of others, not as much as to ourselves.

"What?" Jaxon flustered, then looked sharply at Ashton.

Ashton looked back at Jasmine, "Elaborate," he said quickly.

Jasmine looked at the two boys coldly, "Are you her friends or something?"

"Amber and Eric, one of our friends, are close," Ashton said.

"Oh," Jasmine gullibly said, "Her mother is Nadia Brooks, been in rehab for a few years now, with a very high amount of alcohol addiction,"

"I see, so Izzie doesn't have children with Dave?" Ashton asked, slyly.

"No," Jasmine shook her head slowly.

"I see," Ash nodded, a thought in his mind, "I'll get going,"

Jaxon looked as Ashton walked to the dorm building and he looked back at Jasmine, "So, when are you going home?"

"I dropped out of school, I'll probably stay here until Christmas," Jasmine shrugged.

Jasmine forgets things easily, but now, she finally found out the thing she forgot when she said she had heard the name Syville before to Jayce at their farewell. It was where her brother was living at.

~~~

Jayce threw her books against the bed and screamed in frustration.

"She's Jaxon's sister?" she huffed, sighing, "That little piece of-"

Jayce couldn't comprehend on who she should be angry at: the fact that Jasmine had cheated on her, or the fact that she was Jaxon's sister. But in that anger, she had not realized the fact that Jasmine knew that her mother wasn't Izzie Brooks.

"Okay chill up, Jayce," she slapped herself, "She's just here to meet her brother, she's your ex, wake up," she said to herself, "Remember your goal, remember your goal," she stated.

~~~

Ashton played with a baseball in his hands as he laid down on his bed, thinking of all the plans he could do, and he had one plan.

He would accept Jayce's offer on becoming her partner in student council, and if they win, which he was surely sure of, they would have to be close to each other for at least a year or more. And in that means, he was fully in control as he would tell the school that her real mother was just an alcoholist who she was ashamed of.

"She's finally in my grasp," he smirked, "Finally."

~~~

Amber and Eric were on the way back from their small hangout in the park and in front of the dorm building, they saw two familiar people to each of them.

"Jasmine?"

"Jaxon?"

The two flinched with the names they were saying.

The two siblings looked behind them.

Amber furrowed, "What are you doing here, Jaz?" she asked, "You broke up with Jayce, right?"

Jasmine pursed her lips, "Amber, I-"

"She's my sister," Jaxon broke in, "She's just here until December, dropped out of school,"

"What?" Amber flinched, "Did you meet Jayce?"

"Yes, wasn't a really good meeting though," Jasmine said.