9. SELF-DESTRUCTION

Enemies and frenemies were two very close but very far things in the hands of Jayce and Ashton. They weren't friends, they hated each other, and did everything in their will to destroy one another, but in the sort of way enemies hate each other, they both completely hated Kimberly Walker.

Jayce scowled at the sight of Kimberly, knowing damn well what she did in the past and in the present.

"Let go," Kimberly jerked her son's hand away.

Ashton sighed, "I'm not taking the brown envelope. Having detention at a time where the president is her," he looked at Jayce from the corner of his eye, "Is the same thing as 2 hours of being in hell's prison,"

Kimberly looked at Jayce, wanting to get mad, wanting to shout and scream, "If you don't get perfect scores in your worksheets and quizzes this month, I will be signing you up for extra tuition and private tutors that you won't rest until you've learned your lesson,"

"Been there, done that," Ashton shrugged, "Okay,"

Kimberly knitted her brows and was about to walk away when Jayce grabbed her forearm with an expressionless face. Ashton winced.

"What more could you possibly want?" Kimberly asked.

Jayce turned around and grabbed the brown envelope harshly from her hand, "I'll take this, thank you very much,"

Kimberly furrowed her brows, "You can't receive extra help,"

"Who says I'm using this for help?" Jayce asked with a curious face.

Kimberly clenched her jaw.

"You have a lighter?" she asked Ashton.

He curled his lip and reached down his pocket, giving a lighter to her.

"Let's just hope that you don't use this to smoke," Jayce said.

"And if I do?" Ashton raised a brow.

Jayce ignored his question and lit the lighter. She started burning the edge of the brown envelope. Kimberly opened her mouth in annoyance and shock.

She dropped the brown envelope to the ground as it started to burn, "Appreciate the cooperation, Ms Walker," she smiled and turned around, placing the lighter on Ashton's palm which she grabbed and walked away.

Jayce had to take her pills again, because now once she heard her mother was going to be free a week from now, her anxiety was back up on its high level.

Kimberly scoffed at how Jayce left with such disgrace, "Tell her mother to teach her proper manners," she said to Ashton.

"She doesn't have a mother," Ashton immediately said, staring at the burning brown envelope, "At least not the one she says to have,"

"What?"

"I have a plan, mom," Ashton said, "I'll take care of everything myself,"

"That girl," Kimberly narrowed her eyes, "Be careful of her,"

Ashton pursed his lips, looking at his mother without an answer as she left for the car. He looked back to the burning brown envelope and squeezed the lighter in his hand, something felt quite off, but he didn't know what. It was as if Jayce also had a weapon, and it wasn't only him.

~~~

Amber was playing with her phone in the dorm, and it was reasonable to say that she had failed around 14 worksheets in the past two weeks. Jayce went into the bedroom with a heavy heart and a pale face.

"Is your IQ high enough to prevent the fact that mom is getting out of rehab next week?" Amber asked emotionlessly.

"Dad called you?"