16. SELF-PUNISHMENT

People get what they want, by nature or by force. But that want, that want would always affect someone. Everything that happens affects one thing or two. And it's either good or bad. No matter how pure or good the want is, there will always be someone that sees it as an evil or unfair want.

Jayce's heart stopped, this feeling that came over her, it was nothing like she ever felt before. It was her wish, and her wish was fulfilled, but that wish turned back on her. And it would slowly eat her up from the inside, the wish and the hope that she wrongly wanted.

"Jayce?" Dave called again, trembling.

"I'll inform Amber," she said emotionlessly, "Send me the address too," she then hung up.

She whimpered, but not a tear fell. She squeezed her chest, suffocating again, but maybe the source of the trigger was soon to be gone. But the trigger, it wasn't gone.

She wasn't crying, she wasn't yelling, she wasn't angry. She felt nothing mostly.

Jayce breathed in and out, once or twice, making sure she was calm, and now her pills were finished, but she no longer needed them. It was just death, wasn't it?

"Amber," she called out, waking her up, "We have to go,"

"Where?" she yawned, not in the mood.

"Somewhere," Jayce replied, "But, it's going to be shocking,"

"Shocking?" Amber sat up, "What are you talking about?"

"Mother," Jayce started, bitterness in her tongue, "Mother committed suicide," she hastily said.

Amber gulped, froze, and she stared at Jayce, "It's April's Fools right?" she asked.

"It's September 29,"

Her eyes watered, and her fists clenched, "It's all your fault," she stood up and went to the bathroom.

Jayce stared blankly to nowhere, and she was in silent grief. Silence means many things, but in her case, it was either she cared or didn't.

~~~

Amber stayed silent, and couldn't stop crying. The two went down the halls silently, and it was 15 minutes before everyone would start leaving their dorm.

The two were going to their mother's death, and the next day meant the funeral. And Jayce wasn't ready for any of it, but even so, she acted like she did.

Ashton, on the other hand, couldn't sleep. For no reason, and that is, because he might've been thinking on how Jayce could sleep or not. Which was probably out of his reach.

He was near the pool, drinking around 3 glasses of iced drinks early from dawn. And from the corner of his eye, he had seen the two sisters, looking rather awful, with hair not brushed and clothes not done neatly, which was rather unusual of them.

He went to the lounge, seeing the two sisters hop in a taxi, and Amber was crying. Definitely. And Jayce looked pale.

"Something's always up between them both," he groaned, and went back to the pool, and then he realized he was supposed to be preparing for school.

But as he was in the elevator, he realized. Nadia Brooks, the small black smoke. It had happened.

"Something really happened," he said desperately.

~~~

"Mom!" Amber sobbed as soon as she reached the place. Nadia's motel she stayed at.

Jayce stepped out of the taxi and Dave went to her.