32. SELF-REGULATION

The world has its secrets, and those secrets are made. And it is most likely that everything we hear, they were secrets that were told in the first place.

"What?" Ashton asked instead, "Jaxon Spencer?"

"Jaxon's dead?" Jayce queried, Dave's grip on her hand was stronger, "Dad, will you explain?"

"You're coming with me," he stated in a firm voice.

"Where the hell are you taking her?" Ashton asked back as he got handcuffed.

"The more important question is why would Ashton kill him? We agreed to be hands off the case, Dad," Jayce complained back.

"Enough."

"I was with him the entire day yesterday. I know he didn't do anything," she justified, "Check all the cameras and everything, he didn't do it."

"Jayce, that is enough."

"DON'T TALK TO ME ABOUT ENOUGH UNLESS YOU UNCUFF HIM RIGHT NOW." she yelled, "RIGHT NOW."

"Take him," Dave ordered Sanchez, and with a sense of doubt and guilt at first, Sanchez took Ash out of the room and went down the stairs.

"Dad!" Jayce yelled. His grip on her arm was so strong that even she flinched, "DAD!" she was going to kick him when he interrupted once more.

"Stay silent." he glared at her and pulled her out of the dorm and to downstairs

As they reached down the stairs, a bunch of people had assembled.

"What the hell are those two up to now?" one whispered.

"Police? Again?" another one hissed.

"Dad!" Amber stepped out from the crowd in front of the dorm building, "What's going on?"

"I need you to stay here, I won't be long," Dave gave a thin smile.

"Will you mind explaining what the hell is going on?" Jayce complained from behind.

"Later," he replied.

She wasn't satisfied with that answer, of course, so she kicked his ankle and he grunted. She was about to run to Ashton when Dave spoke again.

He had to get into her head, "If you don't come with me, he'll be in jail," he said. It was a lie, of course.

All that Dave wanted at that moment was Ashton in jail and his daughter safe.

Jayce froze, and gritted her teeth, turning around and seeing Ashton being put into the police car and Dave still holding onto his ankle, "Fine." she stated desperately, "Let's go."

~~~

"Sanchez, I think you have the wrong person. Why would I kill Jaxon and my own family? Sure, I hate them, but I promised Jayce that we'd be hands off the case," Ashton argued at the backseat of the police car, "Where is Detective Brooks taking Jayce?"

Sanchez didn't reply.

"Just answer, Sanchez, for goodness sake. What does Jayce have to do with all of this?" he began to yell.

"Your lighter was found in the Walkers' burnt house," he finally replied.

"My lighter-?" he muttered, then realized that he had gone into his dorm with Jaxon in it the other day. Jaxon stole it, "Jaxon took my lighter," he concluded.

"Oh, so Jaxon also voluntarily stabbed himself with a twig and jumped off a cliff?" Sanchez scoffed, "If you want to lie, lie better,"

"I was with Jayce the entire time yesterday," Ashton said, "We didn't do anything,"