27. SELF-RESTRAINT

Maybe sometimes, it was better not to have a quick brain, and a fast response to things, because you'd know things you'd never want to know. It was better to be dumb and not know anything that would break yourself.

"Niel?" Ashton scoffed, "That bench kid?"

"Bench kid?"

"I hate him, that's the point," he said, "That kid stalked you?"

"It makes sense," she replied.

"It doesn't make sense to me?" he scratched his head.

"He never liked our relationship in the first place,"

"Oh, yeah, I definitely knew that," Ashton said, rage heard somewhere in his voice.

"He's always been telling me to stay away from you all, especially after Eric's death," Jayce continued, ignoring Ashton.

"Then what proof could he possibly have?" Jasmine asked, "And how could he have gotten it?"

"I can't think of anything right now," he groaned, "Another dead-end."

Jayce's expression twitched, her hand fell to her side, and her face became pale enough for both of them to be worried.

"Hey, you good?" Ashton asked, but she didn't seem to snap out of her paleness.

"Jayce?" Jasmine poked her shoulder.

"I might have a crazy thought," she mumbled.

"What crazy thought?" he queried.

"What if-" she blurted out, then gulped again, looking back down at her feet, her face becoming pale once again.

"What if what? Speak properly," Ashton ordered back, more as a concern than a yell.

Jayce didn't reply, and put her head back up, in alert mode, "We have to get back to my dorm," she stood up.

"Hey," Ashton stood up, stepping in front of her, "You are not going anywhere unless you tell me what's happening,"

"I think I know what he did," she said in a panicked manner.

"What did he do?" he asked.

"It's just something I think he did, I don't know," she said as if something was haunting her.

"We're not supposed to hide anything from each other, remember?" he queried, in a warning tone, "What do you think he did?"

"The unicorn," she said in a breath, "That disgusting unicorn," she cursed.

Ashton narrowed his eyes at first then realized as well, having the ability to kill someone of a sudden, "That disgusting unicorn," he locked eyes with Jayce then took her arm, and bolted outside.

Jasmine stood there, not understanding anything, "Care to explain?" she followed them in front, as both of them were rushing to the car, "No?"

She walked ahead, running to say the least, up to Jayce and taking her hand, as her face was pale.

"What's going on?" she asked her.

"Jaz, thanks for your help," Jayce said, looking at her, "Just don't tell anyone else about this, okay?"

"President, let's go," Ashton said from afar.

Jayce reached in her pocket, taking out a 20-dollar bill, "For your taxi," she said palely before turning back and bolting to Ashton's jeep and getting in.

Jasmine looked at them both in disbelief, then scratched her head, confused, "What exactly is their relationship?"

~~~