When you love someone- Kaz Brekker x reader

(istg most of the ones on here are about Kazzle Dazzle😂) Please request if you want to!

Y/n loved him.

That was obvious.

But he loved Inej.

Pure, sweet, beautiful Inej. His Wraith. His spy.

Inej, with her beautiful long black hair, big beautiful eyes and tan brown skin, she didn't even have pimples for god's sake.

Y/n wasn't perfect, she knew that. No. Not with her hip-dips or her acne or her short nibbled off nails.

She knew she wasn't as amazing as the Wraith. But most of the time, she knew her worth, and she knew Kaz Brekker needed her.

She just didn't plan to fall in love with him.

And it was because she loved him, that she kept her mouth shut.

Kaz didn't want her. He needed her skills, only her skills at planning and nothing more.

Y/n pretended that she wasn't fazed when he stared at Inej, she pretended she wanted them to be together, she pretended she wasn't in love with him.

Because when you love someone, you'll do anything to see them smile, even if that mean's you're the one dying inside.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*

" Y/n, Brekker wants to see you." Anika informed Y/n, who was sipping her cup of evening tea.

" What does he want now?" she pretended to grumble, and trudged up the stairs.

"You wanted to see me Kaz?" Y/n asked hesitantly, poking her head around the door.

He didn't say anything, only gestured for her to come in.

" What do I have to do?" she asked him.

" This." he replied, sliding a piece of paper along with a map and a pencil, " I need you to help me find a way out of this mansion. Need it for a heist."

" Will the Wraith be there?"

" 'Inej' will be there, sit down and do your job." he sneered.

Trying not to roll her eyes, she sat down in the seat across from him and began to work, him occasionally peeping from her shoulders to check her progress.

" Done." Y/n out her pencil down and slid the paper back to Kaz.

Checking it, he nodded, " Good, leave. And tell Inej to come to my office. Now."

Sighing, she nodded, " Yes Boss."

He finally looked at her and raised an eyebrow, suddenly making her feel small, " Is there a problem?"

" No! No, there's no-there's no problem."

" Then leave, I don't pay you to brood in my office."

She immediately left.

" Inej! Kaz asked you to come to his office!" Y/n informed Inej, who's eyes lit up at the mention of Kaz.

" Thanks Y/n." she patted her shoulder affectionately before heading up.

Okay why was she so nice? Why did she have to be perfect in every single way?

Y/n headed to her room and face-planted onto the bed, wanting to be away from everyone.

~~~~

" What?"

" You know what I said Y/n." Kaz growled.

" No I don't. Pray tell me." she replied, her eyes blazing.

" You're not coming! We don't need you for this heist. Now leave and go bother someone else." he replied, looking back down at his paperwork.

" You can't just say that! You need me for this!" she argued.

" I can and I just did. Don't flatter yourself, you aren't as important as any of the Dregs. Now leave, and ask Inej to come upstairs."

Aren't as important as any of the dregs?

Of course, I'm nothing compared to them, am I?

" Yes boss." she replied and hurried out, trying her very best not to start bawling right then and there.

" Inej, Kaz is asking for you." Y/n huffed out and left the Slat, heading for a bar.

'''''''''''''''''''''''''

Ten minutes later, she was having a drink and sitting next to a pretty redhead, with baby blue eyes and a flirty smirk on her face.

" Well what's a gal like you doing here?" she teases, running her heel up and down Y/n's leg.

" Nothing, trying to get over unrequited love." she signaled to the bartender for a second drink, which was in her hands ten seconds later

" Oh honey." the woman seemed to sober up and scooted closer to Y/n.

" Don't worry about it, I'm nothing compared to the girl he loves, so there's no point" she replied, staring at the brown liquid in the glass.

" I'm sorry." she took Y/n's hand, " why don't you try to tell him?:

" Well for starters, he hates me, and thinks I'm a nuisance and that I'm not as important as any of his other friends."

" Why don't you leave?" she asked Y/n, now suddenly curious. Y/n let out a broken sigh.

Today was a full moon, which meant, if she was not wrong, Kaz was star-gazing from his terrace with Inej next to him.

" When you love someone, you'll do anything to keep them happy." Y/n declared.

" You're letting him treat you like dirt because you love him?!" the woman exclaimed.

" Yes, and I'd it all over again." Y/n retorted

She looked out the window, there, at the top of the Slat, she could just make out Kaz's hat.

" I'd it all over again, if it meant he loved me instead."