[19]

19
HOPELESS

Alaska never appreciated Mila making noise when she got home late. Usually she'd ignore her clumsy best friend knowing she probably tripped over in the dark or knocked something over, this time was different.

"What are you doing? Are you going somewhere?" She asked standing at the door of her friends room as Mila hurriedly packed a pink travel bag. Mila looked at Alaska with a grin, it was almost midnight, this was early for either of them to be home with their work.

"I'm going on a trip...couple of days most" Mila replied grabbing a handful of underwear throwing them into the bag. "It's all just so exciting, one minute I'm on a date next I'm getting on a private plane to Bora Bora!" She exclaimed clapping her hands.

A streak of familiar jealousy ran through Alaska suddenly, her eyes narrowing at Mila. Why wouldn't men randomly take her to Bora Bora? Why did Mila always land the most extravagant guys? All she had was a cheap strip club and a cop as a fuck buddy who was desperately trying to be her boyfriend.

"Your going to Bora Bora? Since when? Who with?" She questioned back quickly folding her arms like an annoyed child. I mean you couldn't blame her really, after all it wasn't Alaska getting a free trip half way across the world to a sunny paradise.

"My boss, Bucky" Mila answered still running back and forth around her bedroom. "He wants to get away for a few days and get to know me" she winked cheekily. Mila didn't have the slightest idea Alaska was annoyed at her, then again Mila wasn't the brightest at reading other people's emotions.

"What about Thor?"

"What about him? It's not like he's my boyfriend, we just screw occasionally" Mila stopped and shrugged looking at her blonde friend. "Why do you care? You and Sam get the apartment all to yourselves for a few days"

Finally Alaska let a smile slip and rolled her eyes, Mila squealed in excitement as the pair hugged as if they'd never see each other again. As much as Alaska hated to admit it, Mila in fact was her best friend and she couldn't truly hate her.

As the pair hurried down to the car waiting for Mila, they hugged tightly. Alaska gave the usual pep talk about being safe and texting when the plane landed before waving Mila off in the car, just as they were out of sight another Range Rover pulled up to the front of the apartment block.

Low and behold an unconscious, bloody, bruised and limp Thor was thrown out onto the curb. His request before his head was hit so hard he passed out. He had asked to be dropped here.

But she was already gone.

A/N:
Hiiiiiiiiii! The story is really getting juicy now isn't it? Thor turning up just as Mila leaves how are we feeling about that? Also Alaska is not meant to be a hated character, she's relatable because who wouldn't be jealous of a trip to Bora Bora?

Also thinking of doing a character Q and A for some light hearted fun and to get all the readers engaged, will maybe put it on the next chapter!

Thanks for all the love xo