[30]

30
OUT OF TIME

Now I'm not the most reliable narrator so this story for me is based on the things I know happened and the things I was told happened. And what I knew for sure was this was the only the beginning of the badness, only the start of the war that unfolded.

T'challa was running out of time and he knew it. There would only be so many more attempts before the white wolf caught onto his plan. And the king wanted to win this war. He wanted to back Bucky into a corner, with nowhere to run, nowhere to hide, just them two having it out.

The hospital wing Thor was on lingered in an eerie silence, most patients now dosed up and sleeping through the night. One nurse sat at the front desk reading a book, her attention not even on the man who had entered. She only realised he was there when he began to whistle the tune from the hit movie Kill Bill.

The man was tall, slender and had piercing eyes that looked deep into anybody who saw them. Long black hair that was greasy yet perfect, He wore a suit fully black with a matching tie and briefcase. The nurse smiled slightly as he nodded at her walking right past down the echoing hallway. Any normal nurse would of questioned somebody coming in at this time but the woman was aware that this man worked for the king, and a blind eye would be turned.

Thor lay peacefully asleep in his bed, the room dimly lit by the heart rate machine he was on, it beeped every few seconds pumping antibiotics and fluids into his system. Now if Thor was awake he would've recognised that whistle and immediately removed himself from the area.

But he wasn't awake.

The man entered the room, his tune now in full swing as he placed the briefcase on the table, opening it swiftly showing none other than a needle, one single needle full to the brim of poison. He grinned glancing at Thor for a moment before picking it up slowly.

"Now this won't hurt, I promise" He announced darkly with the lick of his lips in anticipation of what he was about to do. The man made his way over to the bed slowly, agonisingly slow as if he was taking in this moment for everything it was.

As he reached Thor he looked down at him almost excitedly. Watching as Thor's chest rose up and down slowly, he had no idea these were his last moments.

"Hello brother" The man chuckled.