[26]

26
MEANWHILE

The hospital room was bleak. The pale green paint on the walls made Alaska feel sick, but the constant beeping of the heart rate machine made her feel worse. It brought back memories she wanted to forget, things she had tried to remove from her brain and delete like a picture from a phone.

Thor on the other hand looked dreadful, laying in a bed too small for his huge body. But for the first time in his life he looked weak, eyes both bruised and going a dark purple shade, his bottom lip cut and swollen. The once invincible god of thunder looked anything but peaceful as he slept under the influence of legal medical drugs. Not even knowing he'd wake up to see Alaska and not his precious Mila.

"What happened"

The voice that echoed through the room startled the tired and anxious girl sat besides the bed. When she saw it was Sam a feeling of relief overcame Alaska, she didn't want to be sat here alone with a man she barely knew waiting to see if he'd die or not. Clueless on what had even happened to Thor, or why he'd come to Mila for help.

Alaska stood up quickly walking to embrace herself with Sam who as if right on time held her tightly. He kissed the top of the thick blonde hair that was now tangled and messy, oh how he loved how perfect Alaska's hair was.

"I don't know, he just showed up at our block just as Mila was leaving...i-I didn't know what to do" Her voice was shaky and horse as if at any moment Alaska would burst into tears. Tears not for Thor but for her trauma with hospital experiences.

"I'm going to get to the bottom of this I promise" Sam said holding her tightly. Just because they weren't official Sam would do anything for Alaska. He'd bend over backwards for her if it meant keeping his woman happy. "How do you even know Thor?"

Thor had been on the polices radar for years just like Bucky. But they could never catch him, not again that is anyway. Because of the Falcon himself Thor did five years in the county jail. The pair had always hated each other for this very reason. Yet both of them had been under the same roof plenty of times, they just never knew it.

"Mila" Alaska took a deep breath looking over at Thor again. "He fucks Mila I guess...he's always over at our place in the middle of the night. That's all I really know about him"

"And where is she? Mila I mean, should she not be the one here?"

"She's in Bora Bora"

It fell silent.

"Fucking Bora Bora" Thors low, grumbled voice spoke quietly as he opened his eyes. "Fucking Bora Bora?!"