[1.1] A HARD DAY'S NIGHT

***

***

adeline smiled at the barista who handed her her daily tea, a medium vanilla chai tea. the baristas at this starbucks knew adeline's order by heart. every day, except friday's, she ordered the same drink, but on fridays she added a butter croissant.

the girl's routine never changed, and adeline liked it like that.

well, except for today.

today was adeline's first day as a surgical intern at seattle grace hospital, the day her new life began.

every day leading up to today, adeline felt like it was a filler for what was coming up, every second didn't matter, but starting now, it did. adeline lewis was destined to be a neurosurgeon.

she wanted to be one since she was a little girl, but she never actually thought she'd be on her way to her new job at a new hospital, but here she is.

"thanks casey! see you tomorrow!" adeline waved to the red-headed barista.

"bye, addy!"

***

adeline threw the empty starbucks cup away as she made her way to the locker rooms, the rest of her intern class too.

"this is the intern locker room. only one locker per person, and i don't care if you have a lot of stuff, make do with what you have." the doctor showing them around said. adeline claimed a locker next to a curly-headed boy, "hi! i'm adeline lewis!"

the shorter boy looked over at the brunette, "i'm george. o'malley, george o'malley. hey, we met at the mixer, right?"

adeline nodded, "yeah! i dropped my cupcake on your shoes,"

george chuckled, putting his cell phone in his locker.

"sorry about that, by the way." adeline apologized.

her fellow intern shrugged, "don't worry about it, they were my dad's anyways."

"that's even worse!" adeline laughed. she was glad to have already made a friend, a good one at that.

***

adeline fiddled with her stethoscope, waiting for her name to be called. she knew who her attending was, someone named dr. bailey, a.k.a the nazi.

"hey, who did you get?" adeline turned to face george, who seemed nervous to say the least. his face was pale and his hands seemed shaky, which was not a good thing for a surgeon to have.