Ch. 14 | Love Made You Careless/His Lament(🍋)

Yeah, So this is honestly really fun to write and I honestly love reading y'all comments. Anyways, I hope you enjoy this one.

~

[Senpai's POV]

I felt my head pound as small light peaked in and the air returned to my lungs. I sat up for a second. Immediately falling on my back to cough, hack, and wheeze. You really never think chloroform would still be a method of kidnapping but of course it is. Especially for that gutsy psychopath. I propped myself up on my arms and looked around once more.

The room wasn't exactly a room, it looked like a steel shed, the ones you can rent for like $120 a year to store things in. It was cold and a bit dark, the light barely seeped in from the crack under the garage like door. If that was the case, then I'm probably locked in from the other side. I looked around to see tools in glass cases hung on the wall and rope around my hands. There were many crates scattered around against the metal walls and 2 different tables. Fuck. I need to get out of here. Inspecting the ropes around my hands became my first task of the seconds I had left to live. The rope had a newish smell, as if he planned for this. He probably did.

I peered into the deepest corners my eyes could and suddenly had an idea. I need to break the glass cases. Shit, how could I do that when they're that high up? I shimmied and struggled just to stand even if only for a moment. I just needed to grab something. Anything. After a few tries and failures, I grabbed onto the table and just held myself there.

Look at me. Pathetic and helpless? Wasn't I supposed to be protecting him? How could I ever protect him like this? Alright, It's time to figure this out. I examined the tools on the wall and tried to think of a way to get them. I steady my breath and raise my bonded hands up high. My eyes instinctively flutter close and I hit the case. Again, and again until it finally breaks and shows me it's contents. Pain dripping from my hands in huge drops, I quickly grabbed what looked to be a wood file. I didn't think twice and went to work freeing my restraints.

Once I was finally up and able to move around, i immediately started checking the door. How was it locked. I examined the edges and found light seeped through a crack at the bottom, there was a pad lock holding it down. Bolt cutters. I need bolt cutters. I searched frantically for anything that remotely resembled the shape of the tool and unfortunately couldn't find one. I move tables and chairs and checked under everything.

I dug through one of the crates, finally seeing the silhouette of the tool to my escape. I breathed and heaved the bolt cutters to the lock with all the strength I had left. I felt the blood and glass pieces in my wounds but I couldn't be bothered. I could be free, I just needed to make sure to do this right and not screw up. I failed at protecting Keith once already, another time I failed my best friend. The least I could do is survive and not die like a trapped bird.

I finally break the lock and see the dim light of a cloudy day before me as the metal overhead door slid slowly up. Outside were many sheds like that one all on many acres of land. So, This is a storage rental place. No matter, I still have one thing left to do.

My heart beat fast, I knew I wasn't safe yet, I wasn't safe until I had proof of this psycho's crime and had escaped. I didn't want to, It's not like i couldn't just leave now. But then who would prove what actually happened? No one, so I had to. I held my breathe and quickly looked around for anything I could use to show Nene as proof.

This search wouldn't run dry, even if I risk capture I can't leave her without anything. They'd believe me anyways, but I want to be useful. A good tool. Hot blood still dripped down my hands but my focus was taken away by the evidence search. I went through the crates again with my aching hands, basically throwing things in them around.