chapter 40: hawaii pt.3

It was now nighttime, I had just gotten dressed after a well needed hot shower. I was getting ready for dinner when I got a knock on my door.

"Mind if we speak?" Damiano asked once I opened the door. I shook my head and let him in.

For some reason, my gut told me that this discussion was not going to end well... that scared me.

Damiano walked inside and I closed the door. I turned around to face him and he was already facing me. He took a deep breath before starting.

"Look... I'm sorry for not telling you about her. Okay? It's just... some things are better left unspoken off." He explained, avoiding eye contact.

"Still, Damiano. You could've simply told me that you had been in love before, it went wrong, and you didn't want to talk about it. You didn't have to lie straight to my face!" I explained him.

"Would you have listened?" He asked finally meeting my eyes.

"Of course, I would've, Damiano! If you didn't want to talk about it because it hurt you, I would respect you, because that's why we're in a relationship for!" I said now getting frustrated.

"I didn't know, okay?! This is something new for me and-"

"Oh, don't even start with that shit! You know damn well this is something new for me too. You don't see me lying about my past, do you?" I asked angrily.

"Fine! You're right! I'm sorry for not telling you about her, okay?!" He said now raising his voice.

"No, it's not okay! Not telling me about her isn't the whole problem here, in case you haven't noticed. She was hardcore flirting with you at the bar and you did absolutely nothing. How do you think that made me feel, huh?!" I rose my voice matching his.

"It wasn't like that, Aria!" He said running his hands through his hair.

"Well, then what was it?! How do you expect me not to jump into conclusions when you do stuff like that?!" I asked as I felt my eyes burning.

"I can't..." He muttered.

"Why?! Why can't you just tell me or-or at least admit that you were back to flirting with your ex?! After all, she was 'your first'." I said annoyed as I quoted what Melania had called herself a few hours prior.

"Stop pushing, Aria!" He yelled.

"Why should I?!" I yelled back.

"You wouldn't understand..." He said as he started pacing.

"How would you know that if you haven't even tried?!" I asked loudly.

"Aria." He said simply.

"No."

"Aria. Can we just-"

"No. We can't do anything because let's be honest here: you don't trust me..." I said looking down at his feet. That sentence felt like I was craving knives in my own back.

"Aria, no. I do trust you." He said in slight panic.

"How can you say, Damiano?" I said looking up at him as a tear ran down my cheek. "How can you stand there and say that you trust me, while you lied to me about your ex-lover and still hide things from me?"

"I do trust you, Aria... I just need time." He said sighing.

"We've been together for 6 months, Damiano. What more time do you want?" I asked frustrated.

"I don't know... I don't know." He said once again, running his hand through his hair, he tended to do that in an argument when he was nervous.

"Well, then I do." I said as I wiped my face due to the tears that had managed to slip out. "You say you trust me, but in this case your actions speak louder than your words..." I took a step closer to him. "I'm going to give you the time you need to figure your stuff out... but I can't be with you like this." I said as my eyes started to burn again.

"No. No. No. Aria, no. Please don't do this." He said pulling me towards him in an embrace. "Please... I love you." He said as I felt his tears hit my shoulder.

"I love you too." I cried as I hugged him back. "But you gotta understand that I can't do this like this... I physically and mentally cannot." I explained as I sniffled.

"I know... Just-just please don't let go so soon." He said tightening the hug.

"I wasn't planning on it." I said letting out a sad laugh and I tightened my arms around him.

I have no idea how long we stayed like that, crying in each other's arms. Might've been seconds, minutes or even hours... All I know is that for now, that was the end for us.

I left our room and went to Vic's. I knocked on the door, and not even 10 seconds later, she opened it.

"Oh, honey..." She said as she took in my appearance. My puffy red eyes and the dry tears on my cheeks gave everything pretty much away.

"I'm fine." I said as I walked inside.

On her bed were also Thomas and Diego sitting, facing me with worried expressions.

"Are you okay?" Diego asked me cautiously as he sprinted towards me.

"I'm fine." I repeated. Only this time, my voice broke.

Diego noticed and hugged me, stroking my hair softly. That's all it took for me to break down once again. So, I stayed there, crying in Diego's arms. Not long after, Vic and Thomas joined the hug which made me cry even more.

I had no idea what the future held for us. I didn't know when I was going to leave Hawaii. I didn't know what I was going to do once we got back to Italy. Were we going to acknowledge each other? Were we going back to level 0 where we hated each other? I had no idea, and honestly? Not know what the future held for us absolutely terrified me.

------------------------------------------

Hey guys!! How are you??

PLEASE DON'T KILL ME! SOMETIMES THIS STUFF HAPPENS!

also, I'm thinking about two different ending for this story, one being the next chapter, but I'm not fully sure yet.

Please don't forget to vote and comment your thoughts!!

I love you guys!!! <33